Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > AroReefers > Equipment/DIY discussion

Old 29-08-2004, 11:07 PM   #1
wangzx

Default Chiller - Which Brand?

Hi,

Anyone use Atman CS400 chiller here. Just a question, compare with Resun CL650. Which brand is more jusitifiable to buyer? Appreciate your comment.

Thks
Old 29-08-2004, 11:42 PM   #2
nitro

Default Chiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangzx
Hi,

Anyone use Atman CS400 chiller here. Just a question, compare with Resun CL650. Which brand is more jusitifiable to buyer? Appreciate your comment.

Thks

Hi,

i don't know how true is it. My friend told me Atman chillers are better.

And here's another clue, our mod bro Baracuda is also using one......
Old 30-08-2004, 12:56 AM   #3
BarraCuda™
SiaoGu Gives You Wings

Quote:
Hi,

Thks
I happened to use both models before .. the resun CL650 is quite powerful but loud (old version). I think the wattage is quite high too .. at ~650watts. Atman is small and quiet .. operating at abt ~320watts.
BarraCuda™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2004, 01:25 AM   #4
monsterz1975

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarraCuda™
I happened to use both models before .. the resun CL650 is quite powerful but loud (old version). I think the wattage is quite high too .. at ~650watts. Atman is small and quiet .. operating at abt ~320watts.
But what about the price?
Old 30-08-2004, 01:31 AM   #5
BarraCuda™
SiaoGu Gives You Wings

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterz1975
But what about the price?
I think the price difference is less than $100
BarraCuda™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2004, 01:33 AM   #6
monsterz1975

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarraCuda™
I think the price difference is less than $100
cos don see LFS selling atman.
Old 30-08-2004, 09:15 AM   #7
wangzx

Thanks guys for the feedback. I know the consumpion for Resun is high compare with Atman but the price is a great diff. from the two. Resun Cl650 is selling at 430-450 depend on LFS but Atman is at 650! How abt the reliability? I think this is more impt for me.

Rgds
Old 30-08-2004, 01:05 PM   #8
bawater

Quote:
Thanks guys for the feedback. I know the consumpion for Resun is high compare with Atman but the price is a great diff. from the two. Resun Cl650 is selling at 430-450 depend on LFS but Atman is at 650! How abt the reliability? I think this is more impt for me.

Rgds
The old resun runs as quiet as other chillers - If you remove the casing. So all u see is the open compressor & stuff.(which you won't want in front of the tank for everyone to see).
i got my thermostat rewired to a .00 decimal one. Making it a little more accurate and so it doesn't come on & off so often.(which was my main concern due to the h/p)

basicly buying a cheap workhorse chiller then enhancing it. Never seen a chiller pull down temp like the resun 650.

The plastic casing amplifies the noise a lot. Sounds like a plane on a runway next to your tank.
Old 30-08-2004, 01:16 PM   #9
devilfire

wat's ur budget??
Old 30-08-2004, 06:55 PM   #10
wangzx

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilfire
wat's ur budget??
Budget? already spent more than 3K for my two chillers and lately just brought another Resun CL280 for my SH tank. Anyway, I have sent my TECO for servicing today and may want to buy back TECO again. Got a TW6 Tload unit running and will test the performance. If is good may buy TW6 if not will sell away the old unit and get a cheap chiller like Resun.