Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > AroReefers > Equipment/DIY discussion

Old 18-10-2005, 09:27 PM   #201
nim75sg

Quote:
Originally Posted by shootsimon
5.5ft x 2ft x 2.5 ft
With approx tank capacity of 750 litres of water, you're dosing about 600mv of O3 at such a short time could leads to de-naturation of dissolved proteins, which results in less waste removal by the protein skimmer.

Having a low dosage is to prevent ozone oxidation products (Chlorine, bromine, etc) escaping into your aquarium or in only insignificant amounts which are not toxic to the corals and livestocks.
Old 19-11-2005, 11:15 AM   #202
ahwoei

Guys, I have just been through the whole 21 pages trying to get what I'm looking for

.............. how do you clean your ORP probe ? I have read about using Venegar, Hydrogen Peroxide, distilled water. Which is the best?
Old 19-11-2005, 06:42 PM   #203
bonjour2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahwoei
Guys, I have just been through the whole 21 pages trying to get what I'm looking for

.............. how do you clean your ORP probe ? I have read about using Venegar, Hydrogen Peroxide, distilled water. Which is the best?
use soap (handwashing type) will do on the probe, but make very sure no residual left! vinegar and other harsh chemicals at last resort.
Old 16-04-2006, 05:31 PM   #204
ryanlio

Default Problem with calibrating ph

calibration with ph4 solution got problem. Turning the ph4-slope dial can't go to 4. least it went was 5.4 ... what's wrong?
Old 19-04-2006, 01:04 AM   #205
uyopong

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanlio
calibration with ph4 solution got problem. Turning the ph4-slope dial can't go to 4. least it went was 5.4 ... what's wrong?
try to soak it overnite in DI water.might have scaling on the glass.then try again.if cannot,bo pian,time to change probe.
Old 13-07-2006, 01:04 PM   #206
shootsimon

Anyone got lobang for affordable(below $50) and realiable ORP probe?
Old 14-07-2006, 04:59 PM   #207
gereld_hor
Endangered Dragon

anyone noe wats the signal comin out frm the probe? thought of juz gettin a probe and link it to a microcontoller.... using it for my sch final yr project... juz dun noe wats the signal given out and hw to interpret it
gereld_hor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2006, 08:30 PM   #208
stephen chung

Quote:
Originally Posted by gereld_hor
anyone noe wats the signal comin out frm the probe? thought of juz gettin a probe and link it to a microcontoller.... using it for my sch final yr project... juz dun noe wats the signal given out and hw to interpret it
I don't think you can just hook up a pH probe to a microcontroller. You need to build a differenciater so that it can detect 0-14 pH. The output of the differenciater is in volts and you have to go through a A/D conveter so that it can't connect to your microcontroller.