Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum > Articles, Resources & FAQs

Old 01-09-2010, 04:20 AM   #11
Meepok Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsilano View Post
All living things for their survival sake will adjust they must adjust their colour to blend in with the environment they are in.

Will a red/orange fgt improve the colour of the fish???
Old 02-09-2010, 11:52 PM   #12
starman.n
Arofanatic

it depends more on the tone i think, dark red vs light red.. both red but the dark red would give you the result you want rather than the light red
starman.n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2010, 04:57 PM   #13
Protein

like human. u see dark dark colour in the morning makes u moody. u see rainbow colour makes ur day good. but if the fish is comfortable n eating well in the tank wont affect growth at all ba but tank size matters. like threw in a muscular man n a tiny room, no place to swim n exercise how to grow? went malaysia couples of weeks ago n saw giant red old aro comm in veri big pond 24-28incher est from my naked eye. haben see any in sing yet.
Old 24-10-2010, 05:23 PM   #14
Protein

if i nv remember wrongly many yrs back aquarma haf a 1kg gold fish. was told that the gem was keep alone in a 10ft fgt dunnoe its true a not.
Old 18-06-2012, 07:04 PM   #15
Flying Ranchu

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsilano View Post
All living things for their survival sake will adjust their body shape or colour to blend with their environment. This is especially true with all water living things like fishes, eels, crabs etc etc. The basic reason is that they must not look too obvious to the bigger predator looking for food to eat....so they must adjust their colour to blend in with the environment they are in.

Using that rational...hope you understand the reason why fishes will look like losing colour when kept in white or lighter coloured tub. I have shown some bros who visted me when I take my black babies which are kept in black fgt and they are all charcoal black and when I put them in my white basin, they start getting lighter right in front of our eyes.

I do believe that there is a "basic colour strength" in all ranchu or any goldfishes for that matter and keeping them in different coloured environment will either enhance or diminish their colour intensity. So the same can be said of using colour enhancer in the food to intensify the fish colour...once that colour enhancing food is removed over time the colour of the fish will return to its original stage.

Growth to me IMHO is determined by space, grooming/feeding skill and water change.
Good learning stuff.