Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Aquatic Showcase & Photography

Old 17-07-2005, 09:19 AM   #31
krowana

Quote:
Originally Posted by aawcy
I think approximately 3weeks to a month...now the baby cricket measures a size of 3-5mm....when they live in temperature of 30C and above they grow faster to adult but live shorter...in cold place, eggs hatching is slower and they grow slower too..but live longer...
Can install a mercury hydride lamp to warm them up.
Old 17-07-2005, 11:10 AM   #32
VRISCHIKA™
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Hey Fellow Brothers,

Just want to share with you about breeding crickets....I have successfully breed my own crickets for my Arowana.....I have pictures taken for your view...i am very happy since my aro love crickets very much

It is exactly two weeks, i saw the baby crickets....
Now, i will have sufficient food for my aro..hehe

i will start to feed my current baby crickets in 4 weeks time when they grown adult...i can't calculate exactly the number of baby crickets...my estimation about 500+ baby crickets...i'll keep u guys update ya...the progress...Thanks for anyone who help me in this breeding project...

Just want to share a piece of small project conducted two weeks ago and i have successfully breed my own crickets for my hungry arowana....

here's pictures...

1st pictures, initial setup for breeding crickets.
2nd pictures, after two weeks huge army of baby crickets flooded my breeding tank..wonder how to use them up...
Good idea, but how long it takes for those crickets to grow big before feeding to the aro, the noise level at your house must be tremendous..
VRISCHIKA™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2005, 12:13 PM   #33
phillife76
Senior Dragon

Quote:
I suddenly come across this articles written by one of our bro here by ST1100...i think he breed his own crickets too.....i followed his steps and it works well for me...But always remember to prevent ants from entering ur tanks....Feeding my aro with crickets bought from LFS is very expensive though...so i try myself and found out to be quite easy to breed....Good luck to anyone who wish to breed their own crickets...

http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124306

Congratulation on ur Achievment!! *Next time supply me in bulk ok? heheh
phillife76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2005, 01:21 PM   #34
lyn_amo

gd job bro.. i think u can start small business le..