Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Stingrays & other bottom dwellers Forum

Closed Thread

Old 26-12-2012, 02:41 AM   #21
Luc
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by desmondpeh View Post
Hi bro.. the contrast will change according to the environment but the strips wont go away. By the way, PBB keep in group more shiok during feeding time. Eats alot.
Thanks bro.....the black base is headache(as it affects the tiger colors as well).....see if I can put white tiles.
Many pieces in amk....see already...feel like taking a couple more.......
How fast to grow from 14/15 inches to 20 inches?
Old 26-12-2012, 02:58 AM   #22
washywashy
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by desmondpeh View Post
Hi bro.. the contrast will change according to the environment but the strips wont go away. By the way, PBB keep in group more shiok during feeding time. Eats alot.
Agreed! Watch this!

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 26-12-2012, 12:38 PM   #23
TRIX
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luc View Post
Thanks bro.....the black base is headache(as it affects the tiger colors as well).....see if I can put white tiles.
Many pieces in amk....see already...feel like taking a couple more.......
How fast to grow from 14/15 inches to 20 inches?
Bro, white tiles (although is best for your ST) may wash out the colour of the pbb as well, brownish red would be preferred since we are unable to get red garnet sand locally.
It doesn't take long to grow from 14/15" to 19", but for them to hit 20" onward is like forever keeping in tank, lol...that's why jumbo size are highly sought after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by washywashy View Post
Agreed! Watch this!

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Wah bro, stop poisoning yourself too, can feel that bichirs still swimming around in yr head...kekeke
Old 26-12-2012, 12:43 PM   #24
TRIX
Senior Dragon

Btw, I think bichirholics like me (I love bichir and beer) are not craving for bichirs but for red quartz or the crushed red garnet sand...once we have the right substrate for them, it will definitely boost up the sales of bichirs...lol...anyone agree with me?
Old 26-12-2012, 02:24 PM   #25
Luc
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIX View Post
Bro, white tiles (although is best for your ST) may wash out the colour of the pbb as well, brownish red would be preferred since we are unable to get red garnet sand locally.
It doesn't take long to grow from 14/15" to 19", but for them to hit 20" onward is like forever keeping in tank, lol...that's why jumbo size are highly sought after.

Wah bro, stop poisoning yourself too, can feel that bichirs still swimming around in yr head...kekeke
Thanks bro, i think eventually have to create new tank, if i were to go deeper into bichir. White tank indeed wash out bichirs, as u mentioned
Old 26-12-2012, 03:02 PM   #26
O_jigger
Arofanatic

May i know. When we are looking to purchase pbbs. What do we look out for in them? Hope to learn more before i take the plunge.
Old 26-12-2012, 03:09 PM   #27
Luc
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by O_jigger View Post
May i know. When we are looking to purchase pbbs. What do we look out for in them? Hope to learn more before i take the plunge.
Yeah, same q on my mind. Appreciate our exp bro here to provide info.
Eg ytd i saw one piece with flatter head and v thick and long sexy lips but colors is grayish and light as opposed to brown/green.
Old 26-12-2012, 03:13 PM   #28
O_jigger
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luc View Post
Yeah, same q on my mind. Appreciate our exp bro here to provide info.
Eg ytd i saw one piece with flatter head and v thick and long sexy lips but colors is grayish and light as opposed to brown/green.
Bro you see at JZX? I too was there the other day. See until my eye blur. But not sure how to choose.

I read before on the finlet count. And also the head shape. Some people tell me dragon head, some tell me snake like feature head, some say flat head. I am getting confused.

Really hope to learn more from more experienced bros here.
Old 26-12-2012, 03:14 PM   #29
G2Red
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIX View Post
Btw, I think bichirholics like me (I love bichir and beer) are not craving for bichirs but for red quartz or the crushed red garnet sand...once we have the right substrate for them, it will definitely boost up the sales of bichirs...lol...anyone agree with me?
Agree Trix !!...bichirs chat over beer ....with the right substrates to see the real beauty of bichirs....Awesome..!!!
Old 26-12-2012, 03:20 PM   #30
Luc
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by O_jigger View Post
Bro you see at JZX? I too was there the other day. See until my eye blur. But not sure how to choose.

I read before on the finlet count. And also the head shape. Some people tell me dragon head, some tell me snake like feature head, some say flat head. I am getting confused.

Really hope to learn more from more experienced bros here.
I believe flat or snake head shape or not, depends on wat u getting. Endli flat head and pbb more snake head. Any bros pl correct me if i wrong
Closed Thread