Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Aquatic Showcase & Photography

Old 18-07-2005, 11:14 AM   #1
collin25

Default How to de-stress my 4'' PR

Dear all,

I have noticed that my baby PR is currently under a lot of stress whenever someone go near the tank. My aro will start to dash around the tank and notice that his 3 fins are all clamp during swimming. Also, my aro's appetite is not too good, ie. eating only 3-4 SW 2 times a day.

Is there anything I can do to calm my aro down, ie. add black water or cover the tank with newspaper for a while??

Appreciate all the tai kor's advise on this.

Thanks
Old 18-07-2005, 11:16 AM   #2
Petshopboys
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by collin25
Dear all,

I have noticed that my baby PR is currently under a lot of stress whenever someone go near the tank. My aro will start to dash around the tank and notice that his 3 fins are all clamp during swimming. Also, my aro's appetite is not too good, ie. eating only 3-4 SW 2 times a day.

Is there anything I can do to calm my aro down, ie. add black water or cover the tank with newspaper for a while??

Thanks
sw or mw?
if sw then i must say ur red is having great appetite at such a size
Just let the red aclimatise by itself...when appetite is back, add some tankmates to boost its confidence
Petshopboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2005, 11:17 AM   #3
liquidnoise

mine like tat as well it but he got used to it. still dashing but food still eating.
Old 18-07-2005, 11:17 AM   #4
foesracing

Quote:
Dear all,

Thanks

add some black water...is gd~

dun on lights for a peroid of time...let this baby...slowly adapt to its surrounding area .
Old 18-07-2005, 11:20 AM   #5
arowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by foesracing
add some black water...is gd~

dun on lights for a peroid of time...let this baby...slowly adapt to its surrounding area .

ya...use LOTS of kep leveas... make the water dark dark n dun On the light for 1 week... let her clam down n stable first...
Old 18-07-2005, 11:22 AM   #6
eto
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petshopboys
sw or mw?
Just let the red aclimatise by itself...when appetite is back, add some tankmates to boost its confidence
he rite jz add some tankmates n blackwater to calm down the aros 1st. Btw my pr alri start to feed on sw.
eto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2005, 11:23 AM   #7
collin25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petshopboys
sw or mw?
Brother,

Its SW. When I bought this little baby, he was eating about 5-6 SW the next day. I guess my son is the culprit, always go near the fish and scare it.
Old 18-07-2005, 11:24 AM   #8
arowboy

Quote:
Brother,

Its SW. When I bought this little baby, he was eating about 5-6 SW the next day. I guess my son is the culprit, always go near the fish and scare it.

if tat the case, I think u should control n monitor your son...
Old 18-07-2005, 11:30 AM   #9
collin25

Quote:
Originally Posted by arowboy
ya...use LOTS of kep leveas... make the water dark dark n dun On the light for 1 week... let her clam down n stable first...
Thanks to all brothers who have given me the advice. I will act accordingly.
Old 18-07-2005, 11:33 AM   #10
liquidnoise

maybe dun let ur son to go near the tank for a few months. once the aro adopts to the tank. i think will be better.
now my baby nephew bangs on the galss of the tank. so i m also worried. but like i mentioned my red still eats well. so not very concern