Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > AroReefers

Old 28-10-2013, 06:53 PM   #41
Jackyx
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by domvonn View Post
i do use 'dead' rocks for my tank and overtime, purplish/pinkish 'stains' starts to appear . It will go back to ' livemode' given time no worries.
The good thing is potentially no pest !!!
Thanks bro. Missed that deal already but anyways was thinking maybe i shld get those Live Rock to experience it? Hehe.

Anyways the Reason ppl go to Coral Farm is because their LR is Fiji Rock?

Anywhere else i can get other than from there? Its kinda far and not assessible for me who doesnt drive. =(

Everything is up now. Just need the LR and will buy the skimmer once the tank is half cycled. =D

Please advise on where else can i get the LRs? Where to get what kind of better rocks and stuff.

Thanks!
Jackyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2013, 05:13 PM   #42
domvonn
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackyx View Post
Thanks bro. Missed that deal already but anyways was thinking maybe i shld get those Live Rock to experience it? Hehe.

Anyways the Reason ppl go to Coral Farm is because their LR is Fiji Rock?

Anywhere else i can get other than from there? Its kinda far and not assessible for me who doesnt drive. =(

Everything is up now. Just need the LR and will buy the skimmer once the tank is half cycled. =D

Please advise on where else can i get the LRs? Where to get what kind of better rocks and stuff.

Thanks!
bro to be honest, most' marine' places not very accessible without personal transport. T95 at seletar farmway also have rocks , at times 'dead' rocks.can walkin from Jalan kayu area. but buying XXkgs of rock without transport is a killer leh. Pasir ris : ah beng, irwana ,need to walk in.

Coral farm, i wun comment since the rocks are supposed to be Fiji and cured of pest etc. i have not bought from there before.

i will still recommend forums whahaha
domvonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2013, 10:17 PM   #43
Jackyx
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by domvonn View Post
bro to be honest, most' marine' places not very accessible without personal transport. T95 at seletar farmway also have rocks , at times 'dead' rocks.can walkin from Jalan kayu area. but buying XXkgs of rock without transport is a killer leh. Pasir ris : ah beng, irwana ,need to walk in.

Coral farm, i wun comment since the rocks are supposed to be Fiji and cured of pest etc. i have not bought from there before.

i will still recommend forums whahaha
Thanks bro.

Actually just went in to Coral Farm to buy the LR.

Even on call also no cab, had to do advance booking before any cab willing to take up the job. haha.

Rocks are in now for cycling. =D
Old 31-10-2013, 12:24 AM   #44
oldrookiesjerem

The premium price for coral farm live rock not only they are fiji rocks but they are cured rocks meaning they are pest free live rocks thats why they command such a price
Old 31-10-2013, 08:58 AM   #45
xersion
Dragon

and Fiji rocks are lighter then indo rocks
xersion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2013, 02:43 PM   #46
Jackyx
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldrookiesjerem View Post
The premium price for coral farm live rock not only they are fiji rocks but they are cured rocks meaning they are pest free live rocks thats why they command such a price
Thanks bro. I cant find any moving creatures so maybe there really issen any.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xersion View Post
and Fiji rocks are lighter then indo rocks
thanks for the info bro. =D
Old 31-10-2013, 02:45 PM   #47
xersion
Dragon

Quote:
Thanks bro. I cant find any moving creatures so maybe there really issen any.

thanks for the info bro. =D
one thing good about auntie is she only sell good and quality stuffs..
those rocks that just arrive u wan to buy they also dun wan to sell
Old 31-10-2013, 02:47 PM   #48
Jackyx
Arofanatic

Sorry but heres more question.

Am using the swing arm hydrometer and really dislike the inaccuracy of the equipment.

Any kind bro can recommend which brand of Refractometer to get? Or is there other equipment that you would recommend?

Also for Marine Livestock, where do you guys normally go to?
Am still reading up on the live stock but currently 3 fishes that caught my eye are the Cardinal, Clown and Flame Angel. Any advise on these?

Then also clean up crews. Which ones are the must have? any how many i need for my set up?

Thanks guys =D
Old 31-10-2013, 02:54 PM   #49
xersion
Dragon

Quote:

Am using the swing arm hydrometer and really dislike the inaccuracy of the equipment.

Any kind bro can recommend which brand of Refractometer to get? Or is there other equipment that you would recommend?

Am still reading up on the live stock but currently 3 fishes that caught my eye are the Cardinal, Clown and Flame Angel. Any advise on these?

Then also clean up crews. Which ones are the must have? any how many i need for my set up?

Thanks guys =D
LS normally is Coral farm or Marine Life, not sure if ML is still around in the market as Hong Leong building is already demolish.
Old 31-10-2013, 09:35 PM   #50
EvolutionZ
Endangered Dragon

Quote:

Any kind bro can recommend which brand of Refractometer to get? Or is there other equipment that you would recommend? Vist madpetz at sin ming midview city. they have suitable refractometer for you. i wont use any other stuff other than a refractometer.

Coral farm for the best quality. Iwarna for cheap and good rocks. reefers for cheap and good quality. Flame angel MIGHT nip on LPS/SPS.. i have a flame angel who occasionally nips at my lps/sps but does no damage to it.

Then also clean up crews. Which ones are the must have? any how many i need for my set up? nassarius snail are a must haves i have 15 in my 265L tank. probably 3 every 50L of water would be good. they help stir the sand bed and eating leftover food. they also clear any dead fish/corals faster than you expect. Astrea turbo snails are good to clean algae, emerald crabs eat bubble algae and hermit crabs help to clear uneaten food and algae on live rocks.

Thanks guys =D
Hope this helps!
EvolutionZ is offline   Reply With Quote