Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascapers Equipment, DIY and Hardware

Old 22-03-2005, 02:40 AM   #21
dOlBy

So i think your diffuser work better when attached to the outlet of the cannister better than inlet.
Old 22-03-2005, 08:32 AM   #22
MPeX

Quote:
Originally Posted by dOlBy
So i think your diffuser work better when attached to the outlet of the cannister better than inlet.
Actually... i don't really knoe, i can't measure any difference in CO2 levels whether itz connected to the inlet or outlet..

However in terms of visual inspection, connecting it to the outlet allows me to see the really small bubbles on the water surface as seen in the pic. If itz connected to the inlet, i can't see any bubbles, only can hear the swirly sounds in the canister...

I think i'll leave it at the current position, visually seeing the bubbles is more comforting than hearing sounds...
Old 26-03-2005, 01:41 AM   #23
NGuy

Hi MPex

Able to give an update on this diffusor tt u have been using for the past week? observe any improvement on the CO2 dissolve rate? cos contemplating to get one too later today.
Old 26-03-2005, 02:00 AM   #24
MPeX

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGuy
Hi MPex

Able to give an update on this diffusor tt u have been using for the past week? observe any improvement on the CO2 dissolve rate? cos contemplating to get one too later today.
Itz definitely working properly.. lol

But i can't really judge if it is working better than the glass ceramic diffuser i used previously, coz all readings remain similar.. However the bubbles emitted are smaller than those produced by the normal glass kind..

Actually even though efficiency might be similar, i would strongly recommend it as the best part about it is, NO ALGAE PROBLEMS!! The glass kind will have algae growing on the ceramic surface, and i gotta change it every few mths when it gets totally congested to the point where bubbles can't come out.

This external diffuser also does not require a high flow rate unlike external reactors which require >800 litre/hr, so itz ideal for small time canisters like my Eheim 2213. However i went against instructions and connected it at the outlet instead of the inlet. A high flow rate is required if you want to connect it at the inlet to prevent airlock/air-swirl, so if yours is a small canister like mine, connecting it to the outlet is better.

Last edited by MPeX; 26-03-2005 at 02:07 AM.
Old 26-03-2005, 02:05 AM   #25
NGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPeX
Itz definitely working properly.. lol

But i can't really judge if it is working better than the glass ceramic diffuser i used previously, coz all readings remain similar.. However the bubbles emitted are smaller than those produced by the normal glass kind..
Noted with thanks. another plus point i can forsee is tt it need not be in the tank and it will not get clog up by algae.
will defintely get my hands on one later today...!!!!
cheers
Old 26-03-2005, 02:12 AM   #26
MPeX

Quote:
Noted with thanks. another plus point i can forsee is tt it need not be in the tank and it will not get clog up by algae.
will defintely get my hands on one later today...!!!!
cheers
Ya like what i mentioned, it won't get blanketed by algae unlike the glass-inside-the-water kind... each of the glass kind cost me $6 (short one) or $10+ (with the spiral tube inside), i've changed 2 to date.

This external one only cost $26 and i forsee it'll last 2 or 3 yrs at least...

However pls remember to drain ur water below the outlet level before fixing this, i forgot to do so, i cut the tube and walah - i have a flooded floor...
Old 27-03-2005, 09:01 PM   #27
NGuy

Quote:
However pls remember to drain ur water below the outlet level before fixing this, i forgot to do so, i cut the tube and walah - i have a flooded floor...
hahaha... thanks for the reminder....

sad to say i didn't manage to buy it yesterday as Plantas ran out of stock. couldn't wait liao so bought the external reactor from NA today. thanks for the info anyway.
Old 28-03-2005, 05:36 AM   #28
MPeX

Quote:
hahaha... thanks for the reminder....

sad to say i didn't manage to buy it yesterday as Plantas ran out of stock. couldn't wait liao so bought the external reactor from NA today. thanks for the info anyway.
Wat filter are u using?

The type NA/Gratiola sells requires 800litre/hr to work properly.. mine only 440litre/hr (eheim 2213)...
Old 28-03-2005, 09:28 AM   #29
NGuy

Quote:
Wat filter are u using?

The type NA/Gratiola sells requires 800litre/hr to work properly.. mine only 440litre/hr (eheim 2213)...
i got it for a new 4ft setup with IOS using a powerhead of 2,000L/hr. running fine since setup yesterday evening but notice a minor leak from the main casing to the cap. will have to call up Mr Chan later and get some advice. have loaded some pics into my gallery.
Old 28-03-2005, 09:36 AM   #30
MPeX

Quote:
i got it for a new 4ft setup with IOS using a powerhead of 2,000L/hr. running fine since setup yesterday evening but notice a minor leak from the main casing to the cap. will have to call up Mr Chan later and get some advice. have loaded some pics into my gallery.
Ah you got urself a tua gu filter...

I read in some other threads that other bros got the same problem, bought from NA reactor leaking, not sure how they solved it also as they also mentioned calling Mr Chan, but no further updates from there..