Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascapers Equipment, DIY and Hardware

Old 10-04-2007, 11:01 AM   #31
the_r0ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by OracleNemesis View Post
Which chiller would be recommended for my 3 ft tank - 36 x 20 x 20 inches -
Running on a 1000 L/H pump ?

Those who don't on your chillers 24/7, when do you all normally on your chillers ?
The chillers are on 24/7, but they don't run all the time. When they bring the temperature down, they usually bring it a naught under what you set. If you set as 26.7 they usually bring it a little lower (around 26 or so, depends on model) and the chiller stops.

Only when the temperature starts to rise then the chiller "kicks" in again. Its like the fridge, it doesn't run 24/7 although it is switched on all the time.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:21 PM   #32
el993

tot chiller coolant identical to aircond, why Resun can't refill?
Old 10-04-2007, 01:00 PM   #33
kencfk

Only those top Italian or European brands can be refilled and change parts as I've heard. lots of control and other parameters.
Most China brands are kinda sealed away or something so its not accessible. Just use and throw away once coolant is used up.
Not sure on which other brands, need to check individually if you are going for those budget china brands.
Old 10-04-2007, 05:12 PM   #34
el993

Quote:
Originally Posted by kencfk View Post
Only those top Italian or European brands can be refilled and change parts as I've heard. lots of control and other parameters.
Most China brands are kinda sealed away or something so its not accessible. Just use and throw away once coolant is used up.
Not sure on which other brands, need to check individually if you are going for those budget china brands.
Thank you. Need to reconsider and compare elect bill and life span.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:23 PM   #35
kencfk

thats why need to consider carefully and do a bit of research b4 spending your bucks on chillers.
I have hold back...
Old 10-04-2007, 08:48 PM   #36
el993

Quote:
thats why need to consider carefully and do a bit of research b4 spending your bucks on chillers.
I have hold back...
Do you have any in mind?
Old 11-04-2007, 01:20 PM   #37
kencfk

For my own? I'll pass cos its over my budget. The most affordable one will cost at least 300 and I have to pay around 20 per month for bills.
My plants and fishes dun warrant an absolute need for chiller. At the moment I am using a 2 unit (4 rotor) for cooling down.
Old 11-04-2007, 02:14 PM   #38
stevenhii

Most air con service guy can refill the gas for you chiller, they need to modify something to the gas pipe (like install a head for fill gas).

I did it for my CL450 before.
Old 11-04-2007, 02:20 PM   #39
ronong

Can always top up the gas. don't need to throw away.

Quote:
Old 16-04-2007, 09:50 PM   #40
littar

Guys, i hope you can help me out here. I notice my CL 280's LED display sometimes shows the word 'EI' or 'E1' instead of displaying temperature. I need to give the chiller a nice pat at the top before the display is back to normal - showing the temp.

What does 'EI' or 'E1' actually mean?

Thanks.