Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > AF Organized Events

Closed Thread

Old 21-01-2009, 07:47 PM   #1
D24

AFC Committee

Default Auction Enquiries & Clarifications - Red Splendour Crossback (Wan Hu)

Please post any enquiry or clarification that you may have here.

D24
Old 21-01-2009, 10:33 PM   #2
Sianzation
Dragon

sorry to say this but in this type of economy we are facing now.

how much do you think this auction max bid will go to?

why i am asking this is because of the starting bid of $1350, it is more like a buy now price for a 6". Whatever amount more than $1350 will go to the event funds, and of cos everyone hopes that more money will go to the event funds , therefore if a farm were to contribute arowana for biding we hope that they will not be looking at a profit as this is a contribution but also not to the extend of making a loss.

this is just my opinion as we will be biding to contribute to the event funds.

hopefully there will be more contribution-auctions in future.

The person who create history will always be remembered. This is the 1st time that we have such an event, and for the new year a new beginning. I was actually expecting something more aggressive from such a famous farm.

mod please delete if unappropriate.

Last edited by Sianzation; 21-01-2009 at 10:38 PM.
Old 21-01-2009, 11:38 PM   #3
ESP
Dragon

Question

Would like 2 know whether is it tag @ stomach or shoulder? Thanks in advance.
Old 22-01-2009, 08:37 AM   #4
Andrew Tan
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESP View Post
Would like 2 know whether is it tag @ stomach or shoulder? Thanks in advance.

Will check with Wan Hu and come back on this matter.
Old 22-01-2009, 10:00 AM   #5
Schmike
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sianzation View Post
sorry to say this but in this type of economy we are facing now.

how much do you think this auction max bid will go to?

why i am asking this is because of the starting bid of $1350, it is more like a buy now price for a 6". Whatever amount more than $1350 will go to the event funds, and of cos everyone hopes that more money will go to the event funds , therefore if a farm were to contribute arowana for biding we hope that they will not be looking at a profit as this is a contribution but also not to the extend of making a loss.

this is just my opinion as we will be biding to contribute to the event funds.

hopefully there will be more contribution-auctions in future.

The person who create history will always be remembered. This is the 1st time that we have such an event, and for the new year a new beginning. I was actually expecting something more aggressive from such a famous farm.

mod please delete if unappropriate.
if u know the market price for this fish u shld know that its not a cheap breed. with that quality i will say its worth the money. if i can afford it i will definitely bid for it. if u think that $1350 is too ex to start for the bid how much u think it shld start at? $1?

maybe u can check with those in AF who got this breed of aro fr QH how much they paid for their aros?

D24: just a suggesstion. maybe u can sticky it in buy/sell. i think u will get better response. dont think many ppl will come into this forum to c what is happening over here.

Last edited by Schmike; 22-01-2009 at 10:09 AM.
Old 22-01-2009, 10:03 AM   #6
satan_gal
Dragon

Why not you contribute something on the retailing at a few thousands, and be the person?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sianzation View Post
Old 22-01-2009, 01:30 PM   #7
Andrew Tan
Senior Dragon

QH Red Splendour are mainly for export cos of the high demand from overseas and for this breed the productivity is also very low.....
For the market price for a QH Red Splendour are selling at 2k and above.
Old 22-01-2009, 01:40 PM   #8
Schmike
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Tan View Post
QH Red Splendour are mainly for export cos of the high demand from overseas and for this breed the productivity is also very low.....
For the market price for a QH Red Splendour are selling at 2k and above.
i believe for those who know about this fish will know the market value of it.
Old 22-01-2009, 01:50 PM   #9
D24

AFC Committee

Hi guys

We can assure you that Wan Hu is not looking for a profit and it is our duty to ensure that good intentions are not misunderstood. Since this point is raised, we felt compelled to explain in detail so that members are not misinformed by speculations and deductions.

In fact, Wan Hu had offered us any type of Arowana we wanted (of course within a certain range/size) and had intended to contribute 100% of proceeds to the Events Fund. However, we declined as we felt it was not fair as we have chosen the Red Splendour Crossback, which is their top seller. Had we chosen a more common and less expensive Aro, we would have gladly accepted the offer.

Now, why did we chose the Red Splendour Crossback? We understand that good quality Red Splendour Crossback is difficult to come by in Singapore, as it is much sort after overseas, where it commands a premium price. As Arofanatics is a dedicated hobbyist platform and it’s mission is to promote the hobby, we felt that this is a good opportunity for hobbyist to own one.

Not just is this Red Splendour Crossback a much sort-after type, it’s pedigree is also excellent. All breeders can tell you the brooder (usually the father), but Wan Hu is not only able to identify the father, they are currently the only one in the world who is able to identify the mother. This is possible because of the technology they have - DNA selective breeding. The pedigree of both parents are known and this Aro is from this very sort after pair, who have produced many outstanding offsprings.

The more common and less expensive Aros can be easily bought, whether it is from the online websites or from shops. Since this is easily available to hobbyists, we felt that we should offer something different.

We also agree with this statement which a hobbyist once posted “quality and price come together”. As the Chinese saying goes... 一分钱,一分货. We would also like to clarify (especially for the newbies) that size alone does not equal quality. Our objective is to promote the hobby, not to undercut the market. Undercutting the market is a big no no for any supplier. How are their agents going to sell their products if others are able to get them at a lower price?

Just like you, we also hope that we can build up our Events Fund. However, we are in no hurry as our primary objective is to help hobbyists in whatever way possible. If we want to organise any event, we will do so within our means, ie: whatever funds we have in our kitty.

I also take this chance to answer those who have questioned the timing of the auction – eg: recession, CNY. When an opportunity arises, it happens – it may not be the right time for some, but it may be for others. That’s how life is, isn’t it? It’s the same in business, in our work, in our everyday lives...

Although we hope that there will be someone out there who will appreciate this beautiful fish, we will not be devastated if the auction does not go through, as we have done our very best to provide hobbyists an opportunity to own a much sort after Arowana with excellent pedigree.

D24
Old 22-01-2009, 03:40 PM   #10
jack lee
Endangered Dragon

i must say this is a good pc of arowana..if im not wrong the pearlies of this x/b is very fine...wondering if this pc is chosen by brudder andrew together with uncle Choon??
Closed Thread