Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox

Old 15-03-2018, 11:03 AM   #21
globalcookie
Dragon

Apart from the air we breathe, almost nothing else is free.

Dating needs money, sometimes u be alarmed how much is spent during courtship.

China products, like llewellyn said, not all are of poor quality. Export goods tends to be higher quality than domestic. Even their own brands. Many items we use today are Made In China. Don't see it breaking down or broken so readily.
globalcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2018, 12:59 PM   #22
satan_gal
Dragon

A very wise Econs lecturer taught me...

Fundamental of everything - There is No Such Thing as FREE Lunch.

Free GF? But U give up the chance to find a BETTER GF tat might pay you wor... Opportunity costs!

Free topic aside, there's Dirt CHEAP and Cheaper

Depending on how u look at it, if you can cut out the Multi-Level middleman, Overheads of retail, confirm the same stuff u get is cheaper. I myself dun trust dirt cheap.

I have a SGD$30 Oven toaster that can bake 9" cake at the pantry tat's been going strong for past 3 years thou it's gettin exposed to the sun and maybe rain (coz it's an open pantry). Can adjust temp, Heating element, timer just like a conventional oven. Good for Cooking lunch.
satan_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2018, 12:17 PM   #23
globalcookie
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan_gal View Post
Depending on how u look at it, if you can cut out the Multi-Level middleman, Overheads of retail, confirm the same stuff u get is cheaper. I myself dun trust dirt cheap.

I have a SGD$30 Oven toaster
Some of those who market online, without the retail shops, middleman etc, are still not cheaper. But yes, without the high rental cost and markup, it is usually cheaper, and the difference is quite noticable.

Few months back, I bought The Face Shop rice facial wash online and it was more than 30% cheaper (can't remember... but it should be more).

$30 oven toaster, i think most around $30-50 range? As far as these appliances are concern, i absolutely boycott Akira! Even if it's 80% discount I also won't buy (unless one day i'm so broke, no choice)
Old 19-03-2018, 12:59 PM   #24
satan_gal
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by globalcookie View Post
Some of those who market online, without the retail shops, middleman etc, are still not cheaper. But yes, without the high rental cost and markup, it is usually cheaper, and the difference is quite noticable.
Noticeable.. but can't be ridiculously much cheaper la.

Eg I've been buyin kids stuff from Taobao. It's EXACTLY what you get in SG. Only difference is after factoring in shipping costs etc I'm lookin at $10-$50 cheaper depending on the item.

Aunties like me go shopping to see prices and compare to see if worth the while to get online...
satan_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2018, 01:48 PM   #25
globalcookie
Dragon

That time i got online as i find it a chore gg to the malls when i need to get just 1 item.

When I went to the shop another time after getting it online, i found e prices to be significantly different (about $18 in shop and $11 or $12 online). In terms of percentage, it is a lot.

But than there are also those that are just marginally different (eg 10%). Online or shops, depending on needs. If can wait, it's ok to shop online. If can't wait, rather pay more and get from shop. Some items i rather buy from shops (eg shoes) as the cutting/size is really questionable.