Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Tank set-ups, Filtration & Water Management

Old 13-02-2016, 10:10 AM   #361
DragonFireSG
Arofanatic

How is the catfish doing with the things in its mouth? The nodules getting any larger? I honestly have no idea what they are. Perhaps some bacterial infection from wounds sustained during feeding?
DragonFireSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2016, 09:18 AM   #362
ThomasLim
Arofanatic

Thanks bro DragonFireSG, happy new year to u!

I havent had a chance to view it lately as it didn't really stay at the front. I will update once I am able to see its condition.

Btw anyone knows where to get bulk qty of epsom salt?
Cheers!
ThomasLim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2016, 01:59 PM   #363
DragonFireSG
Arofanatic

Epsom salt is magnesium sulfate heptahydrate

Food grade can get in Guardian Pharmacy. 250g baggies I think.

Using it to adjust GH? I think it is recommended to use equal parts epsom with equal parts calcium chloride flake.

Calcium chloride flake I am still trying to find.
Old 14-02-2016, 03:49 PM   #364
ThomasLim
Arofanatic

Haha... No la bro, is not to adjust GH, but to treat my sumo xb as I notice it has SBD recently. I had partitioned it as it had been seriously harassed by the 2 alpha which are so much smaller in size. I would like to add epsom salt to the pond of around 4tons of water. Any suggestion or advise?
Old 15-02-2016, 04:19 AM   #365
DragonFireSG
Arofanatic

Heh I am not an aro expert. Leave it to other more experienced folk to comment on that.
Old 16-04-2016, 04:50 PM   #366
ThomasLim
Arofanatic

Had been troubled by midges problem for some time... With the help of bro DragonFireSG, I manged to find the following... As there is not much info about this med being used in the fgt, I have to take risk. When I was at the Nursery, I was assured by them that this med could be used in pond though. I choose the more expensive "dunks" rather than the cheaper ones (for no reason )

Yesterday morning, I broke one of the 'donut' into 4 pieces and dropped each quarter into my 4 chambers separately. There is no abnormal of the fish that I could discover... This morning as usual I feed the fish and everything is as per normal. My rays and fish are still active... Even the 2 feeder goldfish in my first chamber are fine... Notice the midges are still there this morning but not as many... As usual, I go for a round of massive killings. I hate midges!!! Hopefully I will not see any more midges after all the adult midges died... I pray that this med works, please...
Old 16-04-2016, 06:06 PM   #367
ThomasLim
Arofanatic

Some info about this dunks that I had found on the manufacturer website as below. It states is safe and non-toxic to fish and even if animal eats it, it will not adversely affect the animal. It essentially gets a large dose of protein and calcium sure bo???

Old 18-04-2016, 03:28 PM   #368
ThomasLim
Arofanatic

This morning check that there are still midges, but getting lesser Have to cover the filters as today the contractor is coming to build shelter for my fish Yes, finally approved by our MO mai tu liao, fast hand fast leg got contractor to do liao

Here are the areas to be covered.

Saw the brown parasol at my neighbour unit? Yes, I gave my parasol to them as their blue umbrella was spoilt. Without the parasol and everything moved aside, this space looks good.

The contractor came, done some protection and work started. They had headache with my unit as they need to take care of my fgt and my 'grass' during the work. Not easy

For this portion of shelter above my fgt, they decided to build at factory and come here just to install... Even that, it is not as easy.

It probably will take another week or two to complete the whole shelter... Finally there are some protection for my fish and my family. Cheers.
Old 18-04-2016, 06:05 PM   #369
Aro77
Dragon

bro , thats solid water for outdoor FGT and every time i see your FGT i drooling

Last edited by Aro77; 18-04-2016 at 06:06 PM.
Aro77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2016, 09:58 AM   #370
sirwin81
Senior Dragon

nice. do you cover your air pump like that all time?
if yes you might want consider covering it a different way. based on my experience covering it like that will cause the pump to overheat and lead to damage to the rubber or diaphram. had a pump spoiled due to overheat ( kept in enclosed space) 2x. after moving the pump out to open air the pump have been rock solid.
sirwin81 is offline   Reply With Quote