Arofanatic

ty for the videos
kheldor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2010, 02:09 AM   #52
redarowanme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamaster View Post
Update for Day 29

...just something at the side, I'm having some problems editing my m2ts vidz......sony format.......after I convert them to avi, the quality of the vidz just not there. Anyone can give me some input.
Bro try to select WMV format, the video quality's not bad.I just did for my Sony MTS vids - avi. format cannot make it then i tried WMV. format much much better.

Btw thanks n appreciate for yr efforts. Hope this thread get converted to a sticky once the fries developement is completed.
Old 20-10-2010, 09:59 AM   #53
ybleng
Arofanatic

Keep us update... thanks for sharing
ybleng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2010, 10:20 AM   #54
gavlim

Facinating!!.....thanks for sharing
Old 20-10-2010, 12:42 PM   #55
Seamaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavlim View Post
Facinating!!.....thanks for sharing
LOLX...I know got lots of spelling error in the commentries. Apologies. Working on it lar.

Sometimes I have to rush off and it take quite a lot of time to go down, come back, upload to comm, edit files, cut the videos, load up to UTUBE..etc....so need all your understanding. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybleng View Post
Keep us update... thanks for sharing
u r welcome....let me know what u like too see in e vids. If possible i'll see wat i can do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redarowanme View Post
Bro try to select WMV format, the video quality's not bad.I just did for my Sony MTS vids - avi. format cannot make it then i tried WMV. format much much better.

Solve the problem already.....I can upload the m2ts files to UTUBE directly. And the pic quality still good.

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kheldor View Post
ty for the videos
You are most welcome. I like your avatar.....so cute.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownthefish View Post
hi TS, thanks for the most interesting updates, could u take a video of the full tank setup of the nursery before zooming into the fries? was wondering wats holding the fries and the filtering sys at tis stage. Thanks
I would like to show you guys how the tank set up is like, but I can't cause it's a bit sensitive to do that. I'm not sure if the farm owner would mind. Cause i understand that they put a lot of effort into making the set-up work for the frys. It's one thing to visit the farm and see for yourself, but to post their setup for the whole world to see......they might not like it. And I'm only a "visitor" there...dun want to push the envelope with them.

Last edited by Seamaster; 20-10-2010 at 12:45 PM.
Old 20-10-2010, 10:34 PM   #56
Seamaster

Update for Day 30

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

The Frys are swimming out of their dish on a regular basis. Balancing on the egg sacks is as easy as 1, 2, 3. It seems that they are at the stage where they want to explore the world around them. Curious abt this, curios abt that.

And it's also interesting to note that the top back areas of the frys have all turned much darker tone in colour. I guess it is nature's way of helping the frys to camouflage against predators in the wild...naturally. But I also understand from the owner that he is expecting this batch of frys to really shine as the father (Big Goldie) is a Gold Head. Hopefully we will be able to document these frys to that stage.

The frys are absorbing their egg sack at a really fast pace. The egg sack is really shrinking is size. And they are bulking up. But I notice that one of the frys has got a odd shape egg sack. Instead of being roundish in shape, it is a bit box-like at it's angles. Watch for it in the video.

Good to see all of them healthy. Special attention is paid to their finnage. The tri tail section fins and the pactoral fins have all intensified in their gold tones. It's rather obvious on the plan shot. Look for it.

For today's video we will feature our "Star" Egor a.k.a. One Eye. *SMILES*

A bit of history about this little fellow. Egor was born with only one eye. As this batch of frys was harvested rather early, the attrition rate was rather high. The owner lost 10 frys on the first two days after harvest.

But with the tender loving care and expertise of the "Hand Herder" (featured on this movie), the farm owner and also divine intervention, the frys stablilized and managed to pull through to this stage. Initially there was baby LOLX too......name LOLX becox he could not close his mouth, but LOLX has since pass on and Egor is the remaining surviving physically "special" fry.

Egor has a crooked tail initially, but somehow, it has straighten out and it seems that he is swimming well like the rest of them. Egor also has an interesting black patch/mole on the front of his face, just above his nose.

Over these past few weeks, Egor has grown to be a darling and a feature in this batch of frys. With the permission of the owner, I hope to continue to track his progress as he grows....and even though he might be physically "different" from the rest of the frys, somehow, I've grown fond of him.

Also "Hand Herding" of the frys at this stage is a delicate process. If you look carefully at the "Hand Herder", he has cut and trimmed and file all his nails carefully so that only the fleshy part of his fingers touches the frys when he handles them. This is very important, as any abrasive touch to the egg sack could result in a fatality for the frys. Pls don't try this without any proper supervision.

***Thank you for all the positive/constructive feedback so far. It would be good if you could just leave a posting/reply to let me know who is following this thread.***
Old 20-10-2010, 10:46 PM   #57
stevieg
Dragon

Great effort bro; very entertaining too! TQ!~
stevieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2010, 10:49 PM   #58
Air Tiger
Endangered Dragon

Tks for the update. It's always very pleasant to see those fries doing well.
Air Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2010, 12:25 PM   #59
Seamaster

Update for Day 31

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/user/SeamasterSryder#p/a/u/0/xwckoSLSNNE[/YOUTUBE]

The frys are absorbing their egg sac at a really fast rate. Look at the plan shot, they are growing longer very very fast. And they are still learning how to swim at this stage.

I did a short comparison, in the frys at the other nursery and notice that different batches of frys start swimming at different stages. It's not a standard thing where all frys swim at the same time. Interesting.

Previously I was under the impression that the egg sac had to be completely absorded by the fry before swimming, but upon more investigation, I realise that is not so.

Will look closer into this topic. Meanwhile, do enjoy the video. The quality up loaded to UTUBE is not so good. Am trying out new format and also new video editing software.

I should be uploading another video later in the nite. Watch for it.

Hope it rains really heavily and wash all the haze away, but heard that the haze no good for the aros.

Have a haze free day.

Cheers.
Old 22-10-2010, 12:46 PM   #60
Seamaster

Repost....the link to UTUBE not working...apologies

Update for Day 31

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

The frys are absorbing their egg sac at a really fast rate. Look at the plan shot, they are growing longer very very fast. And they are still learning how to swim at this stage.

I did a short comparison, in the frys at the other nursery and notice that different batches of frys start swimming at different stages. It's not a standard thing where all frys swim at the same time. Interesting.

Previously I was under the impression that the egg sac had to be completely absorded by the fry before swimming, but upon more investigation, I realise that is not so.

Will look closer into this topic. Meanwhile, do enjoy the video. The quality up loaded to UTUBE is not so good. Am trying out new format and also new video editing software.

I should be uploading another video later in the nite. Watch for it.

Hope it rains really heavily and wash all the haze away, but heard that the haze no good for the aros.

Have a haze free day.

Cheers.

Tags
crossback, days, eggs, fry, harvest