Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Tank set-ups, Filtration & Water Management

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30-05-2020, 05:58 PM   #1
Tony lim
Arofanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 90
Default Biohome media & coral chips

Dear all

Need some advise, I just upgraded my media and notice my tank was cloudy , so I took all out and soak in for 3 days will this help to clear the cloudy water?

Even change 20% water also the same issue before I remove it.

Many Thanks
Tony lim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2020, 12:08 PM   #2
elimmel
Senior Dragon
 
elimmel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 4,576
Default

all your media?
most likely it's a bacteria bloom caused by the removal of the beneficial bacteria when you replaced your old media. it's like a mini tank cycle and will clear in a few days. please do not wash new media in new tap water. you should have washed it in old tank water and mixed in some old media or at least the gunk (where loads of beneficial bacteria reside) with the new media.
elimmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 01:03 AM   #3
Tony lim
Arofanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 90
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elimmel View Post
all your media?
most likely it's a bacteria bloom caused by the removal of the beneficial bacteria when you replaced your old media. it's like a mini tank cycle and will clear in a few days. please do not wash new media in new tap water. you should have washed it in old tank water and mixed in some old media or at least the gunk (where loads of beneficial bacteria reside) with the new media.

Oh, I already wash and soak in for few days already . Putting it back still the same old issue water still cloudy .
Tony lim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 01:05 AM   #4
Tony lim
Arofanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 90
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony lim View Post
Oh, I already wash and soak in for few days already . Putting it back still the same old issue water still cloudy .

Is there any way to solve this as currently there is any fish inside , I heard one of the LFS say that the salt need to put 1/2 bowl is it true ??🤔
Tony lim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 10:37 AM   #5
elimmel
Senior Dragon
 
elimmel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 4,576
Default

increase aeration, reduce feeding and wait it out. small weekly water changes if needed.
you can also get commercial products that's for tank cycling like microbelift nite out II

see this thread
http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=486958
elimmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 12:40 PM   #6
Tony lim
Arofanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 90
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elimmel View Post
increase aeration, reduce feeding and wait it out. small weekly water changes if needed.
you can also get commercial products that's for tank cycling like microbelift nite out II

see this thread
http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=486958
I recently brought Biozym Nitrification Bacteria, will it helps. I also don't understand why when change 20% water change it will cloudy again .
Tony lim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 02:31 PM   #7
elimmel
Senior Dragon
 
elimmel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 4,576
Default

did you treat the new water with anti-chlorine/anti-chloramine? something like seachem prime?
elimmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 08:47 AM   #8
Tony lim
Arofanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 90
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elimmel View Post
did you treat the new water with anti-chlorine/anti-chloramine? something like seachem prime?
Yes, I did .. the question is when change water it will cloudy again
Tony lim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 06:29 PM   #9
Tony lim
Arofanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 90
Default

The water become clear, but this tiny tiny thing inside the water do u know what is this ?

Btw how to attach the pics ?
Tony lim is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +9. The time now is 06:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2000-2008 Arofanatics.com (Since 30th August 2000)