Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascaping Showcase / Journals

Old 06-11-2006, 08:11 PM   #21
jazzon

yah bro u shld try to stick oyama paper.. try black.. it really brings out the "green" in planted....
Old 08-11-2006, 04:29 PM   #22
-flyfisher-

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzon View Post
yah bro u shld try to stick oyama paper.. try black.. it really brings out the "green" in planted....
the heartbreaker came yesterday. i'm moving house so have to sell all the fish.. maybe in my next place i will stick oyama paper but it will be placed in the living area in the middle so it will be viewed from both sides so dont know about the paper part yet...
Old 08-11-2006, 07:01 PM   #23
RHX

Quote:
Originally Posted by -flyfisher- View Post
yeah... looking for a focal plant... intended to use my tiger lily.. but its not cooperating and wont turn bright red. any tips?
You got to have strong lights, CO2 & lron rich base fertilizers.
Old 09-11-2006, 04:51 AM   #24
jazzon

oh what a waste.. anyway if u intend to put the tank in the middle and viewed from both sides den no nd to put oyama lor... anyway it's interesting to have a planted tank that can be viewed from both sides! do update and post pics for your new tank!
Old 11-11-2006, 01:04 AM   #25
-flyfisher-

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHX View Post
You got to have strong lights, CO2 & lron rich base fertilizers.
okay! thanks! gonna give it a try when the rescape comes...
Old 11-11-2006, 01:07 AM   #26
-flyfisher-

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzon View Post
oh what a waste.. anyway if u intend to put the tank in the middle and viewed from both sides den no nd to put oyama lor... anyway it's interesting to have a planted tank that can be viewed from both sides! do update and post pics for your new tank!
yeah.. going to try a different concept... more minimalist rather than a jungle... anyway... i'm tossing between using ricca or e tenellus.. hairgrass is out as the initial planting can kill. its a real pain in the bum to plant hairgrass one by one... will update in a few weeks time... will be starting to set up probably week after next or 3 weeks time...