Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Guppy Forum

Old 21-02-2013, 06:30 PM   #11
angelo
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kepala sakit View Post
Keeping guppies canno do away wif WC de, siphoning of poo and topping is routine for some simple setup...a bigger tank (buffers) can save u some work (WC) Moreover, planter attract fish lice, a circulation system will likely suck up the fish (after few struggle the guppies give up liao) Green water no meaning (canno view) End of the day...regular WC ba...
I'm keeping guppies in green water, in container that is about the size of shoe box, with floating plants, no WC, and no siphoning of poo.

I'm keeping guppies in planted tanks and ponds, in door and out door, with and without filtration system all have, all doing well.

The key is to keep the whole system in balance.
angelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2013, 08:27 PM   #12
angelo
Senior Dragon

I just reached home from work, took videos of my setup to share.

Shoe box size containers breeding setup. No aeration, no water change, with floating plants. Those fry in first container just born today.
YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Aeration driven sponge filter setup. Water change about 10% daily. These are on dried food only, those full black are for new dried food experiment.
YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Planted setup with external filration system. Very minimum water change. Guppies breeding inside.
YouTube Video
angelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2013, 01:05 AM   #13
vincent cs

Bro Angelo u add in ketapan also?
Old 22-02-2013, 01:52 AM   #14
kepala sakit
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelo View Post
I'm keeping guppies in green water, in container that is about the size of shoe box, with floating plants, no WC, and no siphoning of poo.

I'm keeping guppies in planted tanks and ponds, in door and out door, with and without filtration system all have, all doing well.

The key is to keep the whole system in balance.
Bro...no hard feeling la, no each wrong nor rite. There are many other alternative to fix a PH problem. My approach may be different but the objective is common (sharing)
kepala sakit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2013, 02:41 AM   #15
vincent cs

Well say its all about sharing as everyone have their own way of keeping. That's what forum is all about ( am I wrong? Lol) to me there is no rite or wrong is how u tink and accept things =} so back to the point is it All rite for my ph notice some times my tap ph can reach till 9 so wads the option ? Tinking of adding ketapan but consent is scare ph drop to much hard to control plus dun have any on hand and sun dare pick as I scare pick wrong and raining season nw so dun tink even if I pick the leave still gt much juice
Wanna age the water but gt Space constrain
Was tinking of adding ph down or ph 7 buffer ???
Old 22-02-2013, 11:07 AM   #16
KeeHuat
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent cs View Post
Well say its all about sharing as everyone have their own way of keeping. That's what forum is all about ( am I wrong? Lol) to me there is no rite or wrong is how u tink and accept things =} so back to the point is it All rite for my ph notice some times my tap ph can reach till 9 so wads the option ? Tinking of adding ketapan but consent is scare ph drop to much hard to control plus dun have any on hand and sun dare pick as I scare pick wrong and raining season nw so dun tink even if I pick the leave still gt much juice
Wanna age the water but gt Space constrain
Was tinking of adding ph down or ph 7 buffer ???
What do you mean by "...adding ph down..."
KeeHuat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2013, 11:11 AM   #17
vincent cs

Solution for ph to drop
Old 22-02-2013, 11:29 AM   #18
KeeHuat
Dragon

Why do you want to drop the PH. We are trying to maintain a PH of 7.0 and above and you want to drop the PH. I don't understand the logic.
Old 22-02-2013, 12:19 PM   #19
vincent cs

Lol coz I was wondering if my ph is too high is about 8.5-9 if its ok I will just leave it coz I when I read up ph should be 7-8 for guppies sorry coz very new to. Guppies
Old 22-02-2013, 12:33 PM   #20
KeeHuat
Dragon

As far as possible, I don't want to add any chemicals to the water to bring it up or down. I've tried that in the past and I was forever trying to manipulate the PH. I added some solution and then it didn't work, so added more and more, etc. In the end, I added so much solution and screwed up the water. Nowadays, just aged it and put it in the tanks. Do regular top up and periodic water change.

I've never got PH of 9.0 from the PUB water, max. 8.2