Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox > Singapore Politics

Old 16-08-2014, 05:47 PM   #11
ThErMuS
Dragon

Alittle bit i give u one time.... i also take back alittle bit monthly...
ThErMuS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2014, 06:36 PM   #12
hkh
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetsmart73 View Post
abang adek

CASE so silent huh
CASE may advise us to use Public phones instead.......
hkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2014, 07:55 PM   #13
vic
Dragon

Why Your Cell-Phone Bill Should Be Going Down—But Isn't

How much do you really know about 4G data service on your smartphone? Did you know that it not only provides you with faster data, but is also cheaper for cellular carriers to deliver? And yet it still costs you the same or more as slower 3G service?

Probably not. Here's why.

The average user doesn’t have much of an idea what 3G or 4G means beside “one is newer and faster.” And why should they? Carriers use 3G and 4G more as marketing terms than technical ones, and basically all of them have lied (with official blessing from the International Telecommunications Union) about what a 4G phone actually gets you. The "real" definition of 4G, something that worldwide carriers have not yet accomplished, are download speeds of 1 gigabit per second in a fixed location and 100 megabits per second while in motion.

However, the technical infrastructure of how efficient 3G works is compared to 4G is where it gets really interesting. The ITU—a branch of the United Nations that acts as the wireless global standards body—shows that as each generation of cellular technology is developed, it’s not just a better, faster experience for users. It’s also easier and cheaper for carriers to deliver.

How Carriers Drink Your Milkshake

The simplest technical definition of cellular speeds refer to how much data you can transfer per second. With the updated technology that carriers are equipped with in the fourth generation, known as Long Term Evolution (LTE), they’re able to deliver significantly more bits per second, which means a better experience at half the effort.

For a metaphorical example, imagine you’re drinking a milkshake. With a thin straw, it’ll take a long time to drink a thick, ice-cream based beverage. But with a thicker straw, you can drink it much more quickly. 4G is kind of like having a thicker straw.

The ability to move more bits of data faster is measured by something called spectral efficiency (also known as spectrum efficiency or bandwidth efficiency). Spectral efficiency is a measure of the rate at which information flow and improves with every successive cellular generation.

Steven Stravitz, founder of Spectrum Management Consulting, is a former engineer who studies emerging technology trends with a focus on wireless and mobile. Here's how he explains the nuts and bolts.

“Let’s say that a cell site operator allocates a 10 megabyte channel of wireless spectrum. In a 3G network, you should be able to download 10 megabits per second. In a 4G network, since it’s more efficient, you should be able to get 15, which is a 50 percent increase in efficiency,” Stravitz said.

In other words, advances in cellular technology mean that carriers can get 50 percent more capability while using the same amount of bandwidth already allocated to them.

That all makes sense from a technical perspective, but in reality, 4G LTE speeds are more difficult to define. LTE speeds vary based on the amount of spectrum available to a particular carrier, the type of LTE being deployed and how the carrier handles spectrum between downlink and uplink from cellphone to cellular towers.

Cellular carriers also have varying degrees of strength when it comes to backhaul, the infrastructure that moves data between cell towers and the Internet. Some carriers have excellent backhaul on 4G networks (AT&T and Verizon, notably) while others are still building it out (Sprint).

Yes, They Drink It All Up

Users don’t know about the technical side of cellular spectrum efficiency. So they’re content paying just as much for 4G phones as they did for 3G. In some cases, like with Republic Wireless, they actually pay more—the company has a $25 3G plan and a $40 4G plan.
vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2014, 08:05 PM   #14
bedoklist
Dragon

Like that I might consider no re-con plan. Just stay put at my 3G. Jus get a cheaper phone will do as my usage on call n msg very low.
bedoklist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2014, 08:16 PM   #15
hkh
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedoklist View Post
Like that I might consider no re-con plan. Just stay put at my 3G. Jus get a cheaper phone will do as my usage on call n msg very low.
Yup.....I am still keeping my 12G data plan from the last contract......
Old 16-08-2014, 08:48 PM   #16
streetsmart73

Hi there !!! 123

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkh View Post
CASE may advise us to use Public phones instead.......

diew case
streetsmart73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2014, 08:52 PM   #17
Auratus
Arofanatic

Quote:
abang adek

CASE so silent huh
Ha..one big family!
Auratus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2014, 11:03 PM   #18
hkh
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auratus View Post
Ha..one big family!
Think it should be one big FAMILEE........
Old 17-08-2014, 08:49 AM   #19
1.6 TS
Arofanatic

Quote:
abang adek

CASE so silent huh
What
Make noise and the ceo of case may have to go for early retirement
1.6 TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2014, 12:40 PM   #20
hkh
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1.6 TS View Post
What
Make noise and the ceo of case may have to go for early retirement
Yes......make less noise than can be like Yeo Guat Kwang.......hold 64 appointments plus MP job........