Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascaping Showcase / Journals

Old 28-05-2005, 11:13 PM   #21
darren-sgp

Default Update: 2 months later ...

As you can see from the picture, plants are doing very well - in fact, I had just done some major trimming of the "grass" on the left as it was over-shadowing the lotus (and at the same time, making sure that the lotus has ample empty space around it), and also cut down the stem plants at the back by more than half.

The cabomba seems to have "taken root" well, requiring major trimming every 7-10 days as it triples in height. I regularly cut it down to the same level as the driftwood, and within 7-10 days, it would have reached the top of the water level already.

Will be trimming the grass in the front of the tank tomorrow.
Old 29-05-2005, 01:40 AM   #22
Mexx

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren-sgp

As you can see from the picture, plants are doing very well - in fact, I had just done some major trimming of the "grass" on the left as it was over-shadowing the lotus (and at the same time, making sure that the lotus has ample empty space around it), and also cut down the stem plants at the back by more than half.

The cabomba seems to have "taken root" well, requiring major trimming every 7-10 days as it triples in height. I regularly cut it down to the same level as the driftwood, and within 7-10 days, it would have reached the top of the water level already.

Will be trimming the grass in the front of the tank tomorrow.
Hi very nice planted tank you have there. i also have a planted tank have it turn up smoothly like yours.

Rgds
Mexx
Old 31-05-2005, 11:53 AM   #23
archie2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren-sgp
Hi,

Finally got a *proper* planted tank yesterday and will be breaking it in for the next 3-4 weeks. Hope to post some pics later once the water has cleared up sufficiently.

Its a 125L tank (dimensions: 2.5ft x 1.6ft x 1.2ft), internal filter and 2 x 18W lights (one daylight, one warm white tube).
very nice and very serious n proper now for tis new setup.
Old 28-06-2005, 11:04 AM   #24
darren-sgp

Default Update on 26 June 2005

Tank seriously needs some major trimming. Looking into possibility to replace the cabomba with something else and the foreground plants with hairgrass or riccia in the near future.
Old 02-01-2006, 03:20 PM   #25
darren-sgp

An update after having the aquarium for almost a year. Just did some major trimming of the plants.

Old 02-01-2006, 07:40 PM   #26
wism_chan

Very nice setup Bro.....