Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 15-10-2014, 02:24 AM   #1
Revolver
Arofanatic

Default Newbie Koi Keeper

Hello all bros and sis, I am interested in keeping kois after seeing all the beautiful videos and photos of them.

May I know if anyone keep them in tanks instead of FGT? Cos I dont think I have space for FGT hahahaha.

And also, is Nippon koi farm still selling it at 9 for $5? Because I would wanna get baby kois for a start haha.
Revolver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2014, 06:37 AM   #2
Yusrin
Arofanatic

Hi.. im a newbie in Kois too coz of my daughter who wanted it so much.. got 6 of them with three Comets..
Yusrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2014, 06:48 AM   #3
Yusrin
Arofanatic

I've got two 2ft tanks.. not intending to grow the Kois to very very big size.. even so, two of the Kois grew up faster than i tot..
Old 15-10-2014, 06:53 AM   #4
Yusrin
Arofanatic

As for Nippon Koi.. im not sure bout the price..
Old 15-10-2014, 06:54 AM   #5
Yusrin
Arofanatic

The last I came down.. one small, but beautiful Koi cost $80-$100++.. where LFS only selling $2-$3..
Old 16-10-2014, 07:36 AM   #6
Yusrin
Arofanatic

Default Just for sharing..

Below are my cheap Kois and Comets just for sharing.. just normal local Kois..

Old 16-10-2014, 11:06 AM   #7
goldfish&koi
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolver View Post
Hello all bros and sis, I am interested in keeping kois after seeing all the beautiful videos and photos of them.

May I know if anyone keep them in tanks instead of FGT? Cos I dont think I have space for FGT hahahaha.

And also, is Nippon koi farm still selling it at 9 for $5? Because I would wanna get baby kois for a start haha.

Hi

I also started with keeping in plastic tank when my dad bought the 1st KOI due to our new home fengshui when i was in P3.
But you may not want to place your tank near to TV or door as they will get scare very easily.

As per Nippon Koi farm, i think as and when they have they will pack and sell.
Do more read up more on Koi, that will bring you easiler job to keep them well and nice.

hope to see you sharing more here in AF.
goldfish&koi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2014, 03:09 AM   #8
Revolver
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yusrin View Post
Hi.. im a newbie in Kois too coz of my daughter who wanted it so much.. got 6 of them with three Comets..
Hey thanks bro for sharing your fishes! They look great! So gonna get one hahaha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfish&koi View Post
Hi

I also started with keeping in plastic tank when my dad bought the 1st KOI due to our new home fengshui when i was in P3.
But you may not want to place your tank near to TV or door as they will get scare very easily.

As per Nippon Koi farm, i think as and when they have they will pack and sell.
Do more read up more on Koi, that will bring you easiler job to keep them well and nice.

hope to see you sharing more here in AF.
Oh I see! So its not really a must to put it into a tub right?
Old 18-10-2014, 03:37 PM   #9
goldfish&koi
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolver View Post
Oh I see! So its not really a must to put it into a tub right?
In personal point of view if you like it to keep in glass tank is ok. but note when Koi get bigger they are much strong than what we think. one friend of my, glass tank break off as the 45cm Koi bang on it when he is not in. so this point you need to take note.

As what you know standard Koi appreciation should be from the top view and not side view. this is why in competition you don't see them place the Koi in the glass tank to see the side like other fishes.

But again if you like to keep in tank there are no right or wrong. This is your own personal liking.

just sharing my point of view.

Last edited by goldfish&koi; 18-10-2014 at 03:38 PM.
goldfish&koi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2014, 07:43 PM   #10
Revolver
Arofanatic

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfish&koi View Post
In personal point of view if you like it to keep in glass tank is ok. but note when Koi get bigger they are much strong than what we think. one friend of my, glass tank break off as the 45cm Koi bang on it when he is not in. so this point you need to take note.

As what you know standard Koi appreciation should be from the top view and not side view. this is why in competition you don't see them place the Koi in the glass tank to see the side like other fishes.

But again if you like to keep in tank there are no right or wrong. This is your own personal liking.

just sharing my point of view.
Ah I see. Okay I got it now bro. Thank you so much for sharing!
Time to get some tub and koi!