Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascaping Showcase / Journals

Old 16-11-2006, 12:02 AM   #31
Sunfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by silane View Post
Just collected near hino and hino babies from my tanks to form another tank. Actually saw a vast improvement in the high

More pictures in my...

Actually...Silane...the shrimp are beginning to remind me of sweets....red and white sweets...

Digressing:
How can something so little cost so much...oh yeah... my sister's wedding ring...
Old 16-11-2006, 12:25 AM   #32
silane
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by isaacgoh View Post
Silane,

I've been following your refinement program, I can see the grades of your hino getting better and the genetics seems to be refined further as well. I noticed more white tails, and not to mention super thick white (STW). Good on you for being patient enough to select the better genes to breed. A lot of breeders concentrate mostly on mass, while they get a lot hinos out, the white and red quality is not as good as yours. White quality and thickness is very important nowadays because a lot people can breed hinomaru but with STW, it's not easy.

I've been breeding hinomaru myself from a small pool of crs and it's not easy to get high breed true rate. Your CRS hinomaru breed true rate should be quite high with the stronger and more stabilised genes after few generations.

One more thing, your hinos seems to have good maro too. Saw one fella in the last picture with big maro. Makes me drool~

Just checked your gallery too...wahh...new bone/golden shrimp pictures updated too, wonder when we'll get to see more 'monsters' or mosura.. hehe

Btw, what is that 'candy' that you are feeding them? they seemed to like it alot. What can I have some to try?

Thanks for sharing.

Isaacgoh,
The genes of has became stronger after adding better genes from famous Japan breeder for each generation. More and more has white nose, more and more has white tail.

Can to share your hino pic? How high is your breed true rate? Hope to exchange some pointers to get better hino with you.

Just setup a Golden CRS tank, will use them to cross with White Body and Hino, hopefully, can product special head pattern with white body. I guess this is the aim for CRS hobbyists now.

Those are Hikari canivirous pellet, they like it a lot, snails also come to join the meal.
silane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2006, 12:28 AM   #33
silane
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kel1ng View Post
bro the plant looks like a young ERIOCAULON SP. 'GOIAS' aka board leave gu jing grass.
Hi,

Any idea how they spread? They grow from nowhere. It seems need CO2 to grow well. My another tanks, does not has CO2, there are some popup but didn't grow big.
Old 16-11-2006, 12:29 AM   #34
silane
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunfire View Post
Actually...Silane...the shrimp are beginning to remind me of sweets....red and white sweets...

Digressing:
How can something so little cost so much...oh yeah... my sister's wedding ring...
Do you hope your wife's wedding ring or birthday ring will cost more than your sis's.
Old 16-11-2006, 01:06 AM   #35
nbx

Hi Silane,

May i know what gravel are u using for the golden/ white shrimp tank>?
Old 16-11-2006, 01:33 AM   #36
silane
Senior Dragon

Hi,

ADA Aquasoil, Africana -- my new love. Old love is Amazonia.
Old 16-11-2006, 01:41 AM   #37
PLee

ADA Aquasoil, Africana any difference in properties from Amazonia besides color?
Old 16-11-2006, 01:48 AM   #38
silane
Senior Dragon

Africana is baked red soil, it is hard compare to Amazonia. It has less organic elements then Amazonia.
Old 16-11-2006, 02:06 AM   #39
PLee

Africana more stable compared to Amazonia in terms of the PH swing?
Old 16-11-2006, 02:11 AM   #40
silane
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLee View Post
Africana more stable compared to Amazonia in terms of the PH swing?
Hard to swing, the pH is at 5.0 !!!! Thought my pH pen is spolit, but after measuring with 3 different probe/meter, I can comfirm it is around 5.0. They seems happy in that low pH.

But my bee shrimps, I think is wild caught has some death in that low pH.