Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 05-01-2010, 06:00 PM   #31
terence28

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutx View Post
You can also see, I buy fish from anywhere, as long as I fall in "love" with that koi....
No bias against any single dealer.
I am very different from you... I go to the same place to have my hair cut by the same lady for the past 20 years.... I used to develop my photos in the same shop for 10 over years.... and i still patronise Petmart after 20years....

So once i find a service provider that i'm comfortable with, I will go back to the same shop even if i have shifted away.... maybe i picked it up from my parents... cos till today they still go back to the same market in AMK where i lived there as a kid.....
Old 06-01-2010, 10:12 AM   #32
nutx
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by terence28 View Post
I am very different from you... I go to the same place to have my hair cut by the same lady for the past 20 years.... I used to develop my photos in the same shop for 10 over years.... and i still patronise Petmart after 20years....

So once i find a service provider that i'm comfortable with, I will go back to the same shop even if i have shifted away.... maybe i picked it up from my parents... cos till today they still go back to the same market in AMK where i lived there as a kid.....
Bro....Koi is slightly diffferent, bec no 1 dealer will bring in all the different breeds or bloodlines, that's why has to move around.

For example, I personally like Momotaro, where my source is Max and Kepong Koi in KL.
For non-gosanke like Ogata Shusui, Izumiya Yamabuki, Kaneko Kujaku, Diamond will be the source.
Isa Showa and Hosokai Koromo, Summer will be the place.
For Sakai, you can get from Max, JK and Diamond.
Dainichi Showa, JK will be the supplier.
With Nippon starting to import this year, it will be a new added source for koi.
nutx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 01:13 PM   #33
terence28

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutx View Post

For example, I personally like Momotaro, where my source is Max and Kepong Koi in KL.
For non-gosanke like Ogata Shusui, Izumiya Yamabuki, Kaneko Kujaku, Diamond will be the source.
Isa Showa and Hosokai Koromo, Summer will be the place.
For Sakai, you can get from Max, JK and Diamond.
Dainichi Showa, JK will be the supplier.
With Nippon starting to import this year, it will be a new added source for koi.
Ah seng has been importing actively for the past 2 years lah bro... u lost touch with him for quite a while i think.

I dun like going ard koi farms cos whenever i drive my humble jap car there, the people there see me no up, I feel uneasy walking ard with pple staring at me.... so sometime must ask ah hock to drive me in his sports car then i dare to go...
Old 06-01-2010, 02:16 PM   #34
nutx
Dragon

Quote:
I dun like going ard koi farms cos whenever i drive my humble jap car there, the people there see me no up, I feel uneasy walking ard with pple staring at me.... so sometime must ask ah hock to drive me in his sports car then i dare to go...
I think when Ah Hock drive his sport car there, you get MORE stare!

the noise and the flare....

Last edited by nutx; 06-01-2010 at 02:21 PM.
nutx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 02:35 PM   #35
sgbetta
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Ah seng has been importing actively for the past 2 years lah bro... u lost touch with him for quite a while i think.

Wow my car worst liao lor......Ur wan bigger then mine!!! My little black car!!!
sgbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 01:29 AM   #36
kagemaru

Quote:

yup it's hard to find a trusted service provider n if got someone u trust it's better to go elsewhere even if the pasture is greener there

Aro or koi yes bloodlines are important but doesn't mean they are " must have " and they may not thrive better under your charge so the farmer will intro or recommend you the level of playing field suitable for appreciation at different stage of your hobby

I dun wish to collect bloodlines for the sake of collection, cars fish or any hobbies likewise ... I will go back to the one who can give me value and forward looking
Old 10-01-2010, 10:24 AM   #37
pykoh
Dragon

Aiyah. There is many ways (as well as level) to play the hobby. There are pros and cons in whatever ways you choose. As long as it suits your preferences and needs, I guess there is no wrong or right.

There are a couple of breeder's famous fishes (e.g Dainichi Showa) which I hope to add to my collection in the near future. Therefore, need to run around a few farms in Singapore.
pykoh is offline   Reply With Quote