Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Guppy Forum

Old 05-04-2017, 09:10 AM   #1
Cabgirl
Arofanatic

Default Where is a good place to release my many guppies?

My guppies keep breeding and breeding and I just cannot continue to keep them in the same place without compromising their health in terms of space to live in and grow. I cannot buy new tanks and containers. I don't think anyone would want to buy my guppies as they are not purebred. They are a mixed bunch but I love them very much. I don't do culling as it is cruel. I don't like to kill living things - plants or animals. For the same reason I do not want to give my guppies away as once I found out that the person who took from me fed the guppies to his monster fishes.

I know it is not advisable but I am thinking of releasing some of my guppies into the wild. is there any good place in Singapore where I could do so and where my guppies can continue to live and grow?

Thank you for your kind advice.
Cabgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 01:00 PM   #2
shawnng79
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabgirl View Post
My guppies keep breeding and breeding and I just cannot continue to keep them in the same place without compromising their health in terms of space to live in and grow. I cannot buy new tanks and containers. I don't think anyone would want to buy my guppies as they are not purebred. They are a mixed bunch but I love them very much. I don't do culling as it is cruel. I don't like to kill living things - plants or animals. For the same reason I do not want to give my guppies away as once I found out that the person who took from me fed the guppies to his monster fishes.

I know it is not advisable but I am thinking of releasing some of my guppies into the wild. is there any good place in Singapore where I could do so and where my guppies can continue to live and grow?

Thank you for your kind advice.
why don't give them to those operators of long kang fishing ?
shawnng79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 03:57 PM   #3
Cabgirl
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnng79 View Post
why don't give them to those operators of long kang fishing ?
I would rather the fish get to live in peace and grow up then to be caught by children, brought home and eventually get killed.

I am thinking of looking at a secluded wild spot where people don't bother to go.

I tried releasing some last time in a pond in a park but there were many carps there which I think would eat up the guppies. I also released some in a large drain near a school. The water was clear and there were other small fishes in the drain too.
Old 05-04-2017, 07:04 PM   #4
onlyyouknow
Senior Dragon

Quote:
I would rather the fish get to live in peace and grow up then to be caught by children, brought home and eventually get killed.

I am thinking of looking at a secluded wild spot where people don't bother to go.

I tried releasing some last time in a pond in a park but there were many carps there which I think would eat up the guppies. I also released some in a large drain near a school. The water was clear and there were other small fishes in the drain too.
Give to ppl may not survive as well. Euthanised them humanely?
onlyyouknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 10:33 PM   #5
Kohaku
Dragon

There is a few place i can recommend u, but i will pm u the spots as i worry ppl will go disturb the place. I am the only few ppl who know this great place that have a secluded pond with wild guppies inside.

Check ur pm.
Kohaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 10:37 PM   #6
Kohaku
Dragon

Paisei, which areastay? I pass u the nearest spot u can go from there
Old 05-04-2017, 11:26 PM   #7
Cabgirl
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohaku View Post
Paisei, which areastay? I pass u the nearest spot u can go from there
I stay in Clementi West. Thanks!
Old 06-04-2017, 10:13 PM   #8
Kohaku
Dragon

Check ur pm. Give u 10 options in the west, but if u need more or u feel not suitable, throw into my pond, I also keeping wild guppies in a small section of pond
Old 07-04-2017, 02:06 PM   #9
dragonhart
Dragon

Sungei ulu pandan...

Quote:
I stay in Clementi West. Thanks!
dragonhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 08:36 PM   #10
Kohaku
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonhart View Post
Sungei ulu pandan...
1 of the options iI gave, but choosy says inside got big fish will eat the guppies. I can't think of any more secluded place for the fish release except my pond.