Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 17-01-2010, 11:34 PM   #1
wuga98
Arofanatic

Default Help Needed - Koi

Hi,

I will try to post a pic later but just like to know if it is common for a koi to have something like an eye infection?. I was outstation and only got home today and my wife told me that the white color koi we have seems to have an eye infection, just on one eye. The eye looks like swollen.

Any way to treat it?

I also managed to drain off about 1/4 of the water in the pond and flushed the 3 chambers to clean out all the dirts/feaces. Thanks
wuga98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2010, 02:00 AM   #2
sgbetta
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuga98 View Post
Hi,

I will try to post a pic later but just like to know if it is common for a koi to have something like an eye infection?. I was outstation and only got home today and my wife told me that the white color koi we have seems to have an eye infection, just on one eye. The eye looks like swollen.

Any way to treat it?

I also managed to drain off about 1/4 of the water in the pond and flushed the 3 chambers to clean out all the dirts/feaces. Thanks
From what u saying it look like ur fish having cloudy eye!!If u can QT the fellow in a spare tank it may be able to save the fellow....If u wan u can go to LFS and get some med for cloudy eye. if not u can add some yellow powder and heater to the QT tank.
sgbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2010, 02:09 AM   #3
Mitsukake
Endangered Dragon

could be pop eyes leh
Mitsukake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2010, 02:22 AM   #4
terence28

Quote:
Hi,

I will try to post a pic later but just like to know if it is common for a koi to have something like an eye infection?.
best to see pics, no point guessing...
Old 18-01-2010, 10:22 AM   #5
Kohaku
Dragon

What other fish are you keeping with it? Best is to show pictures of it, so we may help. It can be a injury or worst case is infected eye that may dropped out.
Kohaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2010, 12:38 PM   #6
wuga98
Arofanatic

Here are the 3 pics i got, pls help.

Quote:
Hi,

Any way to treat it?

Last edited by wuga98; 18-01-2010 at 12:40 PM.
Old 18-01-2010, 12:42 PM   #7
wuga98
Arofanatic

only kois, i have gf in another tank but they are separated. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohaku View Post
What other fish are you keeping with it? Best is to show pictures of it, so we may help. It can be a injury or worst case is infected eye that may dropped out.
Old 18-01-2010, 04:44 PM   #8
terence28

Looks like it got an injury on the eye and now it is infected. If u bring it to a koi dealer of yr choice, i believe they will give a jab and maybe treat the eye of possible.
Old 18-01-2010, 05:30 PM   #9
wuga98
Arofanatic

can i do any home treatment now?. Im still trying to find the reasons for the eye injure if that is the cause, koi shd not be attacking each other, correct? cud it be a bird?

Quote:
Originally Posted by terence28 View Post
Looks like it got an injury on the eye and now it is infected. If u bring it to a koi dealer of yr choice, i believe they will give a jab and maybe treat the eye of possible.