Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Arowana Fanatics Club Activities

Closed Thread

Old 16-11-2010, 10:44 PM   #81
angelo
Senior Dragon

Default OTF (continue)

OTF 21

OTF 22

OTF 23

OTF 24

OTF 25

OTF 26

OTF 27

OTF 28

OTF 29

OTF 30
Old 16-11-2010, 10:45 PM   #82
angelo
Senior Dragon

Default OTF (continue)

OTF 31

OTF 32

OTF 33

OTF 34

OTF 37

********END********

Last edited by angelo; 16-11-2010 at 10:47 PM.
Old 16-11-2010, 11:04 PM   #83
symmk

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelo;8087174[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/angelo_eng/5181486768/

Superb Golden Head !!!!

Old 17-11-2010, 12:47 PM   #84
Beerman
Endangered Dragon

Right green dragon, left must be white tiger and center must be golden head!
Old 17-11-2010, 03:14 PM   #85
denser
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelo View Post
thanks for sharing bro angelo. may i know what no. tank was this piece?
Old 17-11-2010, 07:41 PM   #86
angelo
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by denser View Post
thanks for sharing bro angelo. may i know what no. tank was this piece?
If I'm not wrong. This is not one of the ten fishes for selection.
Old 17-11-2010, 08:42 PM   #87
haya23busa
Dragon

Thanks gtohow for the vids. (esp the vid on BB cava)

Thanks Angelo for the effort in taking pix n sharing here.
Old 18-11-2010, 08:58 AM   #88
D24

AFC Committee

Hi guys...
  • My aro lost its shine few days after i released into tank.
  • Shine looked different from what i saw in the farm, is it bcoz of the lighting at the farm?
  • Colour of my aro look different when I put it into my own tank.
  • Is it a pure XB?
  • I think my aro has droop eye.
  • I think my aro’s barbel is not straight, i cant see clearly bcoz it was placed in a bag.
  • I think my aro has got PLJ, I cannot see clearly as the aro is placed in a bag.
  • Why don’t we conduct the selection and purchase all in one day, etc, etc, etc…….
These are some of the feedback we are getting and we would like to put things in perspective.

This Grow Out Event is a collaboration with participating farms, who have the same objective as AFC, ie: to promote the hobby. This event will end with a competition, which means that AFC members will start to pit their skills, right from the selection of the aro, to how they keep and maintain it until competition time.

All participants select their aros under the same conditions, so it is a fair starting point. It is also not possible to arrange the same viewing conditions in all farms. Some farms have more space, some farms offer more fishes for this event… and like how we approach life - we do the best with what we’ve got.

In addition, purchase is not compulsory. You can register to participate, but if you do not find any aros that you like or meet your standards, you are not obliged to purchase. If you feel that the environment does not allow you to view the aro well enough to make a wise choice, again - you are not obliged to purchase. So, please be reminded that you have a choice to purchase or not. In fact, some participants even decided to buy without looking at the aro. They just shouted out the number on the tank holding the aros - but this is their choice and we respect it.

The reason why we had to break into 2 sessions on different days is because we need to accommodate breeders’ schedule and also stock availability. Trust us, the organising team also prefer to do it all on one day.

Re questions about the quality of some of the aros that were put on sale, please note that agreement is for the farms to offer XB (not exceeding 8”) to AFC members at an attractive price. We do not dictate the level of quality of the aros and the breeders know that this is not a money making exercise, but to showcase their aros and promote the hobby on AF, which is an international platform where members will talk about their purchases, share how they select and keep their aros to ultimately participating in the competition and of course, to win the top prize. Positive feedback on the breeders’ aros on the web is a powerful tool and I am sure breeders know that well enough and will not intentionally put up aros with defects for sale and ruin their own reputation which they have painstakingly built up through the years.

Would also like to highlight that the AFC ExCo felt that an Arowana Appreciation Course will benefit members before the Grow Out Event. While much effort and time was put in to prepare the course and get the concurrence of the breeders, the response from AFC members was dismal and we had to cancel the course.

Lastly, We hope the majority of you are happy with your purchases and look forward to our next selection/purchase and the competition.
Old 18-11-2010, 09:43 AM   #89
Dave57

Thanks to Steven and gang for making this selection event a success.
Enjoyed myself and looking forward to 1/1/11.
Old 18-11-2010, 11:20 AM   #90
cucumber
Senior Dragon

Still got some time to save $ for next round purchases... dun miss dun miss...
Closed Thread