Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Aquatic Showcase & Photography > Aquatic Photography

Old 05-11-2006, 10:39 AM   #1
Vil

Default panasonic fz 30

Need some feedback from the owners of on this camera, such as quality of photos, ease of use and battery lifespan issues...

thanks!!
Old 05-11-2006, 02:02 PM   #2
slooow

hmmmm this FZ30 can easily be the best in prosumer range

i love the lense quality the best

BUT if FZ30 is the best, then FZ50 is best of the best liao
Old 06-11-2006, 01:39 AM   #3
SoToNgMaN

Senior Moderator

Main dif between FZ30 and FZ50 is TTL Flash support ... else other than usual bigger megapixel .. no major dif ..

Panasonic cams r notorious for noise .. though not an issue with post processing ... but sharpness (Leica lens) and anti-shake are some of its best features

Photo quality speaks for itself in my gallery ...

Versatility is one of the highest around (with no requirement for additional adapters) for prosumer cameras .. from tele ... macro .. to wide angle lens

1 full batt can last 2GB of photos without flash ...

Ease of use is a subjective thingy ... for learning curve of individuals is way different .. everything can be easily accomodated with auto mode ... but colours and certain fine details will not be captured without manual modes ..

Additional issues u might wanna consider:
- is this a family take around cam? Most ladies wouldnt want to bring this cam along for tour or outing ... for its heavier and bulkier than most cameras
- Bigger bodied cams like this armed with hotshoe flash may gain u additional attention from general public ... some even think that u r terrorist .. bros with DSLR should get wat I mean ..

In conclusion .. I've never regretted getting this camera ... though womenfolk dun quite like the size and weight ... but they definitely like the picture tele .. image quality and anti-shake function of this camera ... in simple as long as the camera aint on their necks .. they'll be glad to have it ...

"Huo Dao Lao Xue Dao Lao"
Knowledge shall I seek till wither

Photography Gallery
http://www.watchsg.com
SoToNgMaN is offline   Reply With Quote