Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Aquatic Showcase & Photography > Aquatic Photography

Old 26-09-2006, 03:56 PM   #1
Leopard88

Default Pls recommend idiot-proof DC

I am looking to get a digital auto-focus camera that is simple to use, aka just point, zoom/macro and shoot. Leave it to the DC to do its job and out comes great digital pictures with macro capability for my shrimp and fast-moving fish.

When not taking shrimp pics, camera can use for scenary pics .

Budget around $500-$600.

Seriously, any good recommendations I can consider ? Love those slim credit-sized cameras that can put inside pockets
Old 28-09-2006, 05:55 PM   #2
domvonn
Senior Dragon

am interested to get one too if there is , then i no need to save $$$$ to buy lenses le!!
domvonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2006, 06:03 PM   #3
Caustic0

Try http://www.dpreview.com/ n read some reviews abt cameras. Alternatively, u can check out http://www.clubsnap.com.sg/. Cheers.
Old 28-09-2006, 10:28 PM   #4
Leopard88

Anyone used those new Canon or Nikon slim cameras with 6x digital zoom and 1cm macro and some with anti-shake function ? Can't remember the model but beleive is the 'T' series for Canon and Coolpix for Nikon. Cost around $600. Very cool, can shot in dim lighting and supposely fast shuttle speed.
Old 02-10-2006, 05:26 AM   #5
HPLow

Try the new Fuji Finepix F30 it has high ISO3200 and ideal for point and shoot for shots that normally require lighting
Old 02-10-2006, 11:36 AM   #6
silane
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopard88 View Post
Anyone used those new Canon or Nikon slim cameras with 6x digital zoom and 1cm macro and some with anti-shake function ? Can't remember the model but beleive is the 'T' series for Canon and Coolpix for Nikon. Cost around $600. Very cool, can shot in dim lighting and supposely fast shuttle speed.
Is it T30 and T10 of Sony you are refering to? I cannot find T series in Nikon and Canon leh.
silane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 06:30 PM   #7
tagore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopard88 View Post
I am looking to get a digital auto-focus camera that is simple to use, aka just point, zoom/macro and shoot. Leave it to the DC to do its job and out comes great digital pictures with macro capability for my shrimp and fast-moving fish.

When not taking shrimp pics, camera can use for scenary pics .

Budget around $500-$600.

Seriously, any good recommendations I can consider ? Love those slim credit-sized cameras that can put inside pockets

buy ricoh GR digital. idiot proof
Old 08-10-2006, 06:45 PM   #8
slooow

i am feeling very naughty today

please bare with me

hahaha

~

to TS!!!!

i have been reading and playing with cameras lately

i have not seen any cameras with this "idiot-proof" feature... please let me know where to buy it...

thanks....

hahahahaha

~

okie... serious serious~

~

fish photography is limited by the amount of light and the speed of AF

so you may wanna try something then focuses VERY fast... [for this matter, pns and prosumer and slow because they hunt forward and backwards before they determine the sharpness pixel and lock-on-focus]

the only camera that i can think that focuses pretty fast is Panasonic FZ30 and FZ50 [got 12 x zoom somemore! and using good lense + image stabilizer]

may wanna try looking at these two models or else settle for DSLR