Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > AroReefers > Product Reviews

Old 04-06-2005, 11:50 PM   #41
wlchew

Quote:
Originally Posted by nim75sg
Using Ozoniser is another method of sterilization or purification of water just like using UV.

However UV uses a certain wavelength within the light spectrum whereas Ozone is a very reactive form of oxygen that can destroy an enormous variety of liquid waste materials and toxins.

In the aquarium, it just offers a simple and highly effective method of maintaining a clean and stable environment for corals and LS.

In almost the same fashion .. the Skimmer somehow increases its efficiency too!
Ya...totally agree with Nim75sg. The liquid waste materials and toxins have been break-down to smaller particle that make my cheapo skimmer seems useless..I am getting lesser and lesser skimmate ..my cyno and algae also reduce...many features...worth every dollar..
Old 04-06-2005, 11:52 PM   #42
monsterz1975

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlchew
Ya...totally agree with Nim75sg. The liquid waste materials and toxins have been break-down to smaller particle that make my cheapo skimmer seems useless..I am getting lesser and lesser skimmate ..my cyno and algae also reduce...many features...worth every dollar..
Haha look like ozone is getting HOT in the market now.
Old 05-06-2005, 12:22 AM   #43
wlchew

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterz1975
Did you observe your skimmate is getting lesser?? or more?? my skimmer's skimmate very little leh. ..but my tank is getting clearer...crystal clear.
Old 05-06-2005, 03:02 AM   #44
monsterz1975

Quote:
Did you observe your skimmate is getting lesser?? or more?? my skimmer's skimmate very little leh. ..but my tank is getting clearer...crystal clear.
Me too getting lesser skimate. How come har?
Old 05-06-2005, 12:07 PM   #45
wlchew

Quote:
Me too getting lesser skimate. How come har?
I believe when Ozone activated. Large particle break-down to smaller particle..so some can't survived and decompose itself while the rest either consume by bacteria or coral ..that's why I say my skimmer become in-efficient...either I have to get better skimmer or I have to reduce my Ozone dosage ( I am running around 10~15mg with my C50 (more then 1/4) connected to a Ben Timer - 2 session with 5hrs each..morning and night ) on my 4x1.5x1.5(250l)

Think ,I must ask Nim75sg liao..he has all the different type of Skimmer (Aquamedic,H&S,Deltec(??))...he can give comment based on his observation...running ozone with various skimmer.. From there, we can find out which one can skim better after ozone is introduced.
I think the Benchmark should based on that...In a Better "Clean" environment which skimmer can give a better skimming

Also, can anyone with a Beckett and Ozone, care to do a review??
Old 05-06-2005, 12:40 PM   #46
subxero

Quote:
I believe when Ozone activated. Large particle break-down to smaller particle..so some can't survived and decompose itself while the rest either consume by bacteria or coral ..that's why I say my skimmer become in-efficient...either I have to get better skimmer or I have to reduce my Ozone dosage ( I am running around 10~15mg with my C50 (more then 1/4) connected to a Ben Timer - 2 session with 5hrs each..morning and night ) on my 4x1.5x1.5(250l)

Think ,I must ask Nim75sg liao..he has all the different type of Skimmer (Aquamedic,H&S,Deltec(??))...he can give comment based on his observation...running ozone with various skimmer.. From there, we can find out which one can skim better after ozone is introduced.
I think the Benchmark should based on that...In a Better "Clean" environment which skimmer can give a better skimming
I thought people using the Ozone generator usually connect to a controller to maintain ozone level in the water. Would it be stressful to the LS in the water if the ozone level were to change periodically?

If the skimmer is "good", wouldn't it be "good" in any condition?

Sorry for asking so many questions...
Old 05-06-2005, 03:25 PM   #47
cisconet

Hi Chew and Nim,

Is the placement of the airstone correct?

Hope to have ur advise.

Thanks!
Old 05-06-2005, 06:41 PM   #48
wlchew

Quote:
Originally Posted by cisconet
Hi Chew and Nim,

Hope to have ur advise.

Thanks!
Bro, IMO, I suggest you put a plastic container(Those we use to take-away food-type) to put air-stone. I can see some bubble is escaping to another compartment... Your skimmer pump can help to "pull-in" those bubble

It may not be the "RIGHT" way to do...but I have no problem with my setup so far....(Touch-wood!)...
Old 05-06-2005, 06:43 PM   #49
wlchew

Quote:
No lah...I think the ORP controller price will be going up....due to more and more Low-cost OZONE generator around......
Old 05-06-2005, 07:44 PM   #50
nim75sg

Quote:
Originally Posted by cisconet
Hi Chew and Nim,

Hope to have ur advise.

Thanks!
Your placement of the wooden airstone should be in the same compartment as the skimmer.

Also don't forget to have activated carbon at the last stage of your sump (same as the return pump) so as to "absord" any stray ozone back to the tank.