Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > AroReefers

Old 08-11-2005, 01:18 AM   #21
stix

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluezing
and bro...if u wanna share the bucket of coralife salt...give me a tinker...97969496.

its more worth it to buy in bucket form...but i dun need so much.maybe half of it.
Okie, if getting then i inform you because i still need to buy more.
Old 08-11-2005, 01:34 AM   #22
stix

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaLiB
Possible to get a pic of the whole setup? This way, we can try and help you figure out what goes where in the sump and maintank.
Okie, here goes

Tank : IOS

Old 08-11-2005, 01:35 AM   #23
stix

Sump :

Thanks in advance!
Old 08-11-2005, 12:09 PM   #24
stix

These are the bioballs and filter wool

Bio balls (50 pieces)

Filter wool
Old 08-11-2005, 10:56 PM   #25
KaLiB

You should add something like what i have in my overflow box(left side of pic).

This helps reduce the noise level. If you leave it as it is, it will work just that it could be a little too noisy.

As for the sump, i'm not too sure where to put the media. What are those black strips?
Old 08-11-2005, 11:42 PM   #26
stix

Quote:
You should add something like what i have in my overflow box(left side of pic).

This helps reduce the noise level. If you leave it as it is, it will work just that it could be a little too noisy.

As for the sump, i'm not too sure where to put the media. What are those black strips?
The black strips are left by the previous owner, they are black tape. Will remove them. Just wondering if i can put the filter wool and bioballs in the overflow?
Is it possible to put a skimmer in my sump? I have no idea how the water is going to flow.
Old 08-11-2005, 11:44 PM   #27
KaLiB

It may not be wise to fit the skimmer in as chances are the skimmer would be placed in the same compartment as the return pump. This isn't good due to the chances of air bubbles being sucked into the return pump from the skimmer.

What i see is it maybe required to get a netting(or something that serves the same purpose) of some sort to hold the bioballs and then put the filter on top of the bioballs.

Piping wise, i can't really help as i'm not good at piping.
Old 09-11-2005, 12:40 AM   #28
stix

Quote:
It may not be wise to fit the skimmer in as chances are the skimmer would be placed in the same compartment as the return pump. This isn't good due to the chances of air bubbles being sucked into the return pump from the skimmer.

What i see is it maybe required to get a netting(or something that serves the same purpose) of some sort to hold the bioballs and then put the filter on top of the bioballs.

Piping wise, i can't really help as i'm not good at piping.
Okie, yup, gonna get a netting to hold the bioballs. This is how I might set the overflow.

Red > Filter wool. Blue > Bioballs with netting

Is it okie? Do i need more things? How about biohomes? Do i still need them?
For the sump, I'm not sure what to place inside to aid the filtration.
Old 09-11-2005, 07:28 PM   #29
KaLiB

You could set it up this way, i've seen a few setups(but most of us setup the biological filter in the sump) that are done this way before. You can just use the bioballs IMO since you got them already.

If you do it this way, the 1st compartment in the sump could be used to put the skimmer and the 2nd comparment the return pump.
Old 11-11-2005, 01:15 AM   #30
stix

Okie, I have done the piping and it looked like this. Is it okie? So I continue to put my bioballs and filter wool is the overflow? With a skimmer, do I need another powerhead?