Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > AroReefers

Old 21-04-2012, 11:16 PM   #51
Aces
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by allim View Post
It will be difficult to find a suitable wavemaker for such a small tank. You can try using a small powerhead instead.
I guess i'll just kept to the Iq5 pump. If this tank is a success i'll move on to a bugger tank. seem not enough to keep many livestock.
Aces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2012, 01:49 AM   #52
Aces
Arofanatic

Sorry ask a silly question, should i keep the tank light on if i'm cycling my tank? How long do i need on the light? The tank in my room and day time usually will have some natural light not direct sunlight.. The temperature remain well under 28 - 29c. My LR doesn't seem to have any living thing moving.. just some pink and green algae.. Will it affect the cycling?
Old 22-04-2012, 08:53 AM   #53
allim
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces View Post
Sorry ask a silly question, should i keep the tank light on if i'm cycling my tank? How long do i need on the light? The tank in my room and day time usually will have some natural light not direct sunlight.. The temperature remain well under 28 - 29c. My LR doesn't seem to have any living thing moving.. just some pink and green algae.. Will it affect the cycling?
I guess it will be up to the individual. I kept the lights on for 2 to 4 hours when I was cycling my tank. You don't know what organism may sprout from the liverocks after some time.

The only thing to monitor with excessive light is the growth of algae during cycling, especially on the walls of the tanks as the nutrient level is still high.
With IQ5, you can dim the LED lights. Try to prevent algae growth with occassional water change (it takes a while for nitrate level to drop) on the wall of IQ5 as it is acrylic. You can only clean the walls with a soft material that won't scratch the tank.
allim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2012, 09:11 AM   #54
xersion
Dragon

Quote:
no need to on the lights during cycling
xersion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2012, 09:36 AM   #55
Aces
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by xersion View Post
no need to on the lights during cycling
bro!! need ur help.. i saw some very tiny worms in the tank should i get rid of them.. there is 2 cm long bristleworm inside too.. should i get rid of it.. i saw a small crab though =p
Old 22-04-2012, 10:03 AM   #56
xersion
Dragon

Quote:
bro!! need ur help.. i saw some very tiny worms in the tank should i get rid of them.. there is 2 cm long bristleworm inside too.. should i get rid of it.. i saw a small crab though =p
bristleworm i'll keep, good savager for leftover food ... crab need to know is what crab some ok some not.. need to ID
xersion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2012, 10:13 AM   #57
Aces
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by xersion View Post
bristleworm i'll keep, good savager for leftover food ... crab need to know is what crab some ok some not.. need to ID
Ok i'll keep those tiny long worms as it is. The crab around 0.5cm hopefully wun harm any fishes. thx =D
Old 22-04-2012, 10:15 AM   #58
Aces
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by allim View Post
I guess it will be up to the individual. I kept the lights on for 2 to 4 hours when I was cycling my tank. You don't know what organism may sprout from the liverocks after some time.

The only thing to monitor with excessive light is the growth of algae during cycling, especially on the walls of the tanks as the nutrient level is still high.
With IQ5, you can dim the LED lights. Try to prevent algae growth with occassional water change (it takes a while for nitrate level to drop) on the wall of IQ5 as it is acrylic. You can only clean the walls with a soft material that won't scratch the tank.
thx bro when i off my light overnight morning i saw alot of live.. nan they start hide away when i on my light.. =s there seem to be more purple algae like thing on the rock hope it's not harmful.
Old 22-04-2012, 10:39 AM   #59
Aces
Arofanatic

saw this starfish coming out from the coral.. it's with black and white band and finy long legs.. can anyone tells me if this starfish will harm fish? need ID.. thanks.
Old 22-04-2012, 10:54 AM   #60
Aces
Arofanatic

there are like total 4 of them in my tank hopefully they are harmless..