Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox > Singapore Politics

Old 03-10-2012, 08:38 PM   #11
lyc
Dragon

who is the biggest employer in Singapore? they do the lead, we can see the different liao
lyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:27 AM   #12
dazmario
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyc View Post
who is the biggest employer in Singapore? they do the lead, we can see the different liao
gov sector already started. but only lower rank people dare to go come early go home early. if you are high rank, can't possible you come early and go back early, unless they will to stuck at the rank where they started, no going up in rank but maintiance.
dazmario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:43 AM   #13
smellyfish
Dragon

the very senior people in my company already practised all these, come in at 10 go back at 4!
smellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:38 AM   #14
Humongous

Quote:
Originally Posted by smellyfish View Post
the very senior people in my company already practised all these, come in at 10 go back at 4!
hahahaha.... practise in my unit last time too... CO, OC and PC comes in at 10, then 2 hour lunch break then boot out at 4..... drive vehicle home.....
Old 05-10-2012, 10:04 AM   #15
globalcookie
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkh View Post
They should solve the problem at the source...
....and not offering a by-pass solution......
Always the case. I once wrote in to that Mr $8 on the need of a big MSCP at hospital campus (eg Outrum) but the ass sisten replied a typical template reply.

I felt, a 10 storey MSCP will help provide sufficient parking space, convert surface land into more medical facilities. The MSCP shd have bridges with travelator connecting to major buildings in Outrum medical campus. Isn't that solving land and parking issue there?

I wonder if I shd write in again since he is now in MND.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlvinLeong View Post
Constuct viaduct from SLE/CTE all the way to CTE tunnel, motorists using it pay $5 just like ERP to enjoy jam EXPRESSWAY. Same for other expressway.
That's exactly what I thought too when the mention of expansion of CTE was first talked abt. Last time gov said there will be no more land set aside for roads. I wonder where the expansion of CTE came from.

They could double up the surface area by building a viaduct, and provide a long term solution than expansion that solve the issue for maybe 5yrs only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhtan View Post
And many bosses equate the number of hours spent in the office as commitment to the company, which will be reflected in one's appraisal.
I count my blessing than... my boss doesn't look at my working hours. Sometimes I leave as early as 5pm, but on periods I hv to work on tender proposals, I work graveyard hours (he even told me it is ok to work from home)
globalcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 01:25 PM   #16
hkh
Arofanatic

This is really a sad case that our brilliant Ministers collects millions of dollars by creating this overcrowding problem then offering us some non-workable solutions....... Just like buying 800 buses to pick up more passengers but also choke up the roads at the same time......
hkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:12 AM   #17
dolphbox

instead of sloving problem , they now push everything to us.. tell us to start work at different timming so that we can now help to ease the already bad condition..

when can they start to think in the right direction.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:01 PM   #18
Humongous

From Mr Brown.com

MM Lee tells Mumbai: maximum time to reach any corner of Singapore is 20 minutes

http://www.dnaindia.com/mumbai/repor...-panel_1130820

Sure, I can hear you saying: at 4am in the morning, with outriders helping me to block traffic at the lights, and no speed limit, or my vehicle is a Transformer, I'd get anywhere in Singapore in 20 minutes too.

Actually, it can be done, my skeptical reader. You see, Singapore is about 40km at its widest points, east to west, so if you travel at 120km/h without stopping, and assuming you drive in a straight line, and don't encounter any traffic lights, you CAN make it in 20 minutes.

And when you pay your $5 ERP fee along the CTE, aren't you glad this $5 is helping you not flood the roads, thereby getting you to any corner of Singapore in 20 minutes?

And don't blame the gahmen if you don't get from your corner of Singapore to your destination corner within 20 minutes. You are not staying in the correct corners, that's why.

That's just private cars, mind you. Mumbai should learn from our public transport system too! I reckon the maximum time a bus or a train needs reach any corner of Singapore is, oh, 30 minutes tops.

We're talking Star Trek teleporter speeds here in Singapore, land of the magical, uncongested roads.

Surendra Gangan Wednesday, October 31, 2007 03:23 IST

MUMBAI: Singapore’s former prime minister Lee Kuan Yew was surprised to know that nearly 300 new families come to the city daily only to find accommodation in slums. Yew shared his thoughts with finance minister of state and guardian minister of the city Jayant Patil, the latter, however, was convinced that Singapore model is not suitable for Mumbai.

Mayor of Mumbai Shubha Raul’s suggestion of imposing licence system for the entry into the city was turned down by Patil as the constitution does not allow such imposition.

Yew led a delegation of the key officials from Singapore that met Patil and others in Mantralaya on Tuesday. “Population of Singapore is 26 lakh and we impose taxes on the citizens whenever development work is undertaken in the city,” he said during the discussion.

Yew told the minister that the land acquisition procedure for any developmental project is completed within two months and claims are taken in subsequent phases. “Congestion taxes on vehicles plying on busy roads are a routine course of action in Singapore. The maximum time to reach any corner of Singapore is 20 minutes as traffic is not allowed to flood the roads,” he added.

However, Patil was said to be convinced that the Singapore model is not suitable for Mumbai as restrictions on the entry into the city could not be imposed and acquisition of land for developmental projects could not be expedited.

Last edited by Humongous; 12-10-2012 at 05:03 PM.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:22 PM   #19
satan_gal
Dragon

wa... 20min..

I frm Jurong piaaaaaaaa all the way bck Punggol smelly smelly also 30min lor

20 min more like frm Punggol to Aljunied - ard 7pm on a typical Sat evening
satan_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:26 PM   #20
Humongous

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan_gal;km 9179118
wa... 20min..

I frm Jurong piaaaaaaaa all the way bck Punggol smelly smelly also 30min lor

20 min more like frm Punggol to Aljunied - ard 7pm on a typical Sat evening
He got TP convoy...and all the traffic lift switched to green for him lah.... and he must be speeding above the 60km/h & 90km/h speed limit ...

He live in the fanatsy make believe world...