Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Arowana Discussion

Old 14-01-2012, 06:14 PM   #1
EdgarPerez

redcross Need HELP Please Trying to keep two Black Arowanas from Fighting!

3 days ago I purchase 2 black arowanas. One is around 6-7", the second one is little bigger 9-10".

In my tank I had already 1 silver arowana 13-14". 1 Clown knive 9" and 1 Royal Knive 8".

2 day my Silver arowana kill one of my black arowanas the smallest one!
So I decided to separate the silver Arowana with my 9-10" black Arowana before my silver kills her too!

Yesterday I bought 1 more black arowana around 7-8" and put her together with my 9-10" black arowana. I put them together and the first couple of hours they seem to get along just fine, but a couple hours later I've seen The bigger Black Arowana Bite the Smaller black arowana!! So I decided to separate them too! i have all my 3 arowanas separated from each other!
Im thinking of selling my silver and i just wanna keep the 2 black arowanas.

I dont want to lose another black arowana again! and i want to keep both of them without separating them! please does anyone know some good tricks or advise to how i can make them get along? please
Old 14-01-2012, 06:23 PM   #2
EdgarPerez

Default pic

I uploaded a picture of my 2 black arowanas and my silver arowana but i had do separate them all
to my profile!
Old 14-01-2012, 06:27 PM   #3
RedBull1985

Try adding some tankmates and see if the arowana gets distracted.Works in my case.Once i remove the tankmates, my silver starts showing aggressiveness towards other arowanas.
Old 14-01-2012, 08:17 PM   #4
sloke

For 2 aros together will sure fight. Many had tried and failed but few had succeeded.

Some ppl use very interesting method in a small net so their space area get smaller. When space get smaller, less fight. I cannot guaranteed it will work for yours.

Another method I learnt from AF, it is place wavemaker to create water current so the aros are distracted not so attentive of each other presence.

Wish you the best in your comm, bro.
Old 14-01-2012, 09:27 PM   #5
EdgarPerez

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBull1985 View Post
Try adding some tankmates and see if the arowana gets distracted.Works in my case.Once i remove the tankmates, my silver starts showing aggressiveness towards other arowanas.
Tankmates are other fishes? Sorry I'm new to this, if so I have 1 clown knive 1 royal knive and 2 parrots fishes
Old 14-01-2012, 09:33 PM   #6
EdgarPerez

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloke View Post
For 2 aros together will sure fight. Many had tried and failed but few had succeeded.

Some ppl use very interesting method in a small net so their space area get smaller. When space get smaller, less fight. I cannot guaranteed it will work for yours.

Another method I learnt from AF, it is place wavemaker to create water current so the aros are distracted not so attentive of each other presence.

Wish you the best in your comm, bro.
Do you mean like trap one of them inside the fish nets?

What are wavemarkers? Is it those filters
that go inside the water? Sorry i don't know a lot yet, but I want to learn. Thanks
Old 14-01-2012, 10:03 PM   #7
giantbetta
Dragon

Wave maveker is those equipment like turbine place in ur tank to create current flow n bro Sloke mentioned about the net is to make the tank smaller like as a decider so that they dun fight too often coz the space already too small.once they are ok then remove the net..
giantbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2012, 10:31 PM   #8
sloke

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantbetta View Post
Wave maveker is those equipment like turbine place in ur tank to create current flow n bro Sloke mentioned about the net is to make the tank smaller like as a decider so that they dun fight too often coz the space already too small.once they are ok then remove the net..
Thanks for your great help, Bro Giantbetta.
Old 15-01-2012, 04:09 AM   #9
vincent.b

Or add more Aro's but try to get those bout the same size as the largest aro inside the tank.
Old 15-01-2012, 07:49 AM   #10
sloke

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent.b View Post
Or add more Aro's but try to get those bout the same size as the largest aro inside the tank.
That is another alternative recommended by Bro Vincent but it doesn't meant it will not fight. The chances of fight will be slimmer or sometimes none at all.

Tags
arowana, bite, black, fight, fighting