Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox

Closed Thread

Old 14-08-2017, 09:52 AM   #41
lenghan
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeeHuat View Post
You need to teach your son, if a player is fit 29 is nothing. Ask him to look at Defoe who is 34 and still scoring goals.
Or CR when he scored against Barcelona and taking off his shirt showing his full body shape!!!
Old 14-08-2017, 12:16 PM   #42
wonderboy
Dragon

Mata + Matic + Pogba were playing off each other in the midfield last night, which is really nice to watch.

I'm glad that Lukaku's proving me wrong about his first touch - I had first lobbied for him and then I had second thoughts when i saw the video of his awful first touch.

I like how we played, although there's still a slight disconnect between midfield and attack.

And really happy that good ol' Roo got on the scoresheet for Everton, my bet is that he'll score 15 in all competitions this season.

Last edited by wonderboy; 14-08-2017 at 12:17 PM.
Old 14-08-2017, 12:34 PM   #43
CullTail
Endangered Dragon

One match in, and those people who say 'sh*t why are we getting a 29 year old when we can get the younger bakayoko for the same price' have now disappeared. One bad game later, the same people will appear and say 'knn knew it this 29 year old is useless, should have gotten bakayoko instead'. zzz
Old 14-08-2017, 12:44 PM   #44
PT
Arofanatic

We need to manage our expectations after last nite's good performance...

Although we should be beating teams like West Ham at Old Trafford on a regular basis, last season showed that we cannot take anything for granted (10 home + 5 away draws!). As more games come our way, we'd also need to let the 1st XI rest and let the rest of the squad show their worth.

The season has just begun and we are yet to meet the other title contenders, so just enjoy each game as it comes. But this is a good beginning to the 17/18 season
Old 14-08-2017, 02:52 PM   #45
LauLanChu
Dragon

Yes, one game at a time. Every game is different ball game.

Matic, beside his MF domination, control and good passes, his foot work is also amazing. Wonder what is in Chelsea's mind to gifted us.
Old 14-08-2017, 06:56 PM   #46
moscowblue
Endangered Dragon

Saw the second half, it has been a long time since united dominated a game.

The best part is Mou and Bilic both are talking to each other like friends rather than opposition managers.

Best goal is from Martial. Luckily Lukaku this time understand the offside trap and never goes for the ball as Martial waltz into the penalty box. This goal will give him much confidence needed.

Blind also have a very good game. Micki as usual is gaining his top dog playmaker title back.

Can't wait for the next game. We must win the next game, else this win is just another illusion
Old 14-08-2017, 09:38 PM   #47
Robson
Arofanatic

Not a good time to visit OT anytime soon. You seem to have options all over.
Last season, man utd depended on ibra, now u have choices.
If it is not Spurs, I hope it is man utd.
Old 14-08-2017, 10:15 PM   #48
loveikan
Arofanatic

Great to see both Rashford and Martial's form continue from their pre-season.

If Martial continue to play on the left then hope Rashford plays on the right wing instead of Lingard. Both supplying crossed for Lukaku with Pogba and Mkhi supporting him.
Rashford can dribble better than Lingard who is more of a runner. The fomer is more beef up and pose more problem for the defenders.
Old 15-08-2017, 02:35 AM   #49
SabaDen92
Endangered Dragon

Old 15-08-2017, 07:44 AM   #50
KeeHuat
Dragon

2017/18 Premier League squad numbers

Manchester United can reveal a Premier League squad number change for the much-anticipated 2017/18 season with Andreas Pereira moving from no.44 to no.15.

The midfield prospect is also set to have 'Andreas' on his back rather than Pereira and there will be no confusion with his namesake Joel, with the keeper assigned no.40.

As revealed during pre-season, Romelu Lukaku will wear the no. 9 shirt, with fellow summer signings Victor Lindelof taking the number 2 shirt and Nemanja Matic in 31.

Young goalkeeper Kieran O'Hara has been given a first-team squad number this season, the no.45 jersey, and there is, of course, the potential for more additions as the campaign wears on.

PREMIER LEAGUE SQUAD NUMBERS FOR 2017/18*

1: De Gea 2:Lindelof 3: Bailly 4: Jones 5: Marcos Rojo 6: Pogba 8: Mata 9: Lukaku 11: Martial 12: Smalling 14: Lingard 15: Andreas 16: Carrick 17: Blind 18: Young 19: Rashford 20: S. Romero 21: Ander Herrera 22: Mkhitaryan 23: Shaw 25: Valencia 27: Fellaini 31: Matić 36: Darmian 38: Tuanzebe 40: J. Pereira 45: O’Hara.

*These numbers are provisional
Closed Thread