Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascapers Equipment, DIY and Hardware

Old 28-02-2005, 12:27 AM   #1
Goofy

Question CO2 clylinder by Dymax HELP!!!

bros,

need help urgently, just set up my planted tank and was about to release CO2 into it when i discovered nothing comes out from the cylinder....pls help me cos first timer here ...it has that 2 meter thingy dun know for wat???how to release the gas???i tried to tune that screw which i think is supposed to release the gas but then hor stil no help
Old 28-02-2005, 12:31 AM   #2
|squee|

Unscrew the main valve. It's the biggest tap.
Old 28-02-2005, 12:33 AM   #3
Goofy

Quote:
Originally Posted by |squee|
Unscrew the main valve. It's the biggest tap.
but when i unscrew it...theres a lot of gas blowing out??? i mean blowing out from that biggest valve

Last edited by Goofy; 28-02-2005 at 12:40 AM.
Old 28-02-2005, 12:43 AM   #4
badman

i think u did not use the white tap for the connections. there must be leakages somewhere. if u really have problem, bring to yew tee i will help u with it
Old 28-02-2005, 12:49 AM   #5
Goofy

Quote:
Originally Posted by badman
i think u did not use the white tap for the connections. there must be leakages somewhere. if u really have problem, bring to yew tee i will help u with it

hi bro,

do you mean that the main valve have to be tapped with white tape first before releasing the tap? btw its a brand new cylinder...thanls for the advice..
Old 28-02-2005, 12:53 AM   #6
|squee|

Ok, first you got to describe your setup. How many taps are there?
Old 28-02-2005, 12:56 AM   #7
Goofy

Quote:
Originally Posted by |squee|
Ok, first you got to describe your setup. How many taps are there?

hi bro squee,

there is this big tap on top wif open close direction, then there is another very small screw beside the ait tube outlet other then this 2, there is no other that i can turn
Old 28-02-2005, 01:08 AM   #8
cheekoks

Ok bro. First thing dun panic. Let's just focus on the cylinder first and not the regulator. 3 things to note on the co2 tank. A big tap which usually has an arrow on it to indicate 'open' or 'close' or both, there's an outlet to where you screw the regulator on, and on the opposite of the outlet there's a small bolt.

1. The small bolt opposite the outlet is NOT TO BE TAMPERED!!! It's a safety release. If you tamper with it, send it back to lfs to fix it.
2. The big tap is where you turn to release the gas from the cylinder. After fixing the regulator, turn to open the big tap FULLY. (but oso to remember to screw the regulator in tightly).

Now on the regulator, turn the knob at the end to release gas from the regulator. You need to turn on the power in the case of solenoid regulator.

Try these steps first and see how?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy
hi bro squee,

there is this big tap on top wif open close direction, then there is another very small screw beside the ait tube outlet other then this 2, there is no other that i can turn
Old 28-02-2005, 01:09 AM   #9
NGuy

u mentioned tt it was Dymax brand, is the cylinder light green in colour??? n when u say u turn the knob at the top, gas will be escaping from the thread below the knob and nowhere else?? if it is, I think u got yrself a faulty set.... bring it back to the shop 2molo n have it changed.... but one word of advice, these brand dun last, so if can, change to those standard black colour type....
Old 28-02-2005, 02:02 AM   #10
Goofy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekoks
Ok bro. First thing dun panic. Let's just focus on the cylinder first and not the regulator. 3 things to note on the co2 tank. A big tap which usually has an arrow on it to indicate 'open' or 'close' or both, there's an outlet to where you screw the regulator on, and on the opposite of the outlet there's a small bolt.

1. The small bolt opposite the outlet is NOT TO BE TAMPERED!!! It's a safety release. If you tamper with it, send it back to lfs to fix it.
2. The big tap is where you turn to release the gas from the cylinder. After fixing the regulator, turn to open the big tap FULLY. (but oso to remember to screw the regulator in tightly).

Now on the regulator, turn the knob at the end to release gas from the regulator. You need to turn on the power in the case of solenoid regulator.

Try these steps first and see how?
hi bro,

stil cant just a very minor tuning will either no CO2 release or full blast wif gas leaking from the main valve...i might hav gotten a faulty one tanks bro for the guidance