Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascapers Equipment, DIY and Hardware

Old 04-03-2005, 11:55 PM   #1
KeIgO86

Default Big bubbles from diffusor.. how?

i just bought a CO2 ceramic diffusor about 2 weeks ago.. everything was running fine until today when i booked out and saw some algae growing on the ceramic plate and the bubbles coming out from the plate were much larger than before.. is there any remedy to make the bubbles that emerge from the diffusor small again?
Old 04-03-2005, 11:59 PM   #2
badman

u can soak the diffusor in a solution of diluted bleach. the actual mix, as in no. of parts of bleach to no. of parts of water, i can't remember. but after soaking, rinse thoroughly and soak in solution of anti-chlorine and u will have a clean diffusor again
Old 05-03-2005, 12:02 AM   #3
NGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeIgO86
i just bought a CO2 ceramic diffusor about 2 weeks ago.. everything was running fine until today when i booked out and saw some algae growing on the ceramic plate and the bubbles coming out from the plate were much larger than before.. is there any remedy to make the bubbles that emerge from the diffusor small again?
put a layer of gravel on the ceramic so that algae will grow on the gravel instead. as for the big bubble issue escaping, it is normal due to the different pressure built-up. jus leave it and on another day, it should work okay again.
Old 05-03-2005, 12:09 AM   #4
KeIgO86

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGuy
put a layer of gravel on the ceramic so that algae will grow on the gravel instead. as for the big bubble issue escaping, it is normal due to the different pressure built-up. jus leave it and on another day, it should work okay again.
won't the gravel on top cause the co2 bubbles to form up into bigger bubbles when they pass through the gravel?
Old 05-03-2005, 10:49 AM   #5
NGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeIgO86
won't the gravel on top cause the co2 bubbles to form up into bigger bubbles when they pass through the gravel?
the gravel shld be jus enuff to cover the ceramic in one single layer and it shld not affect much. i find this method good enuff to prevent algae from clogging up the ceramic, especially when the tank conditions were not ideal.
Old 05-03-2005, 11:33 AM   #6
KeIgO86

Quote:
Originally Posted by badman
u can soak the diffusor in a solution of diluted bleach. the actual mix, as in no. of parts of bleach to no. of parts of water, i can't remember. but after soaking, rinse thoroughly and soak in solution of anti-chlorine and u will have a clean diffusor again
may i know how long to soak it? can 3% H2O2 do the same job?