Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Freshwater Invertebrates Forum

Closed Thread

Old 22-07-2011, 11:39 AM   #21
gryphon
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by silane View Post
Alvinchan,

Just to be fair, you have to ensure your water is good and at least of your crs do not look bad. And how much have you piad? If you have paid a price that is just a bit higher then a normal A grade CRS, I think that is quite ok.
My guess is that he paid more than 10 or even 20 times of a normal A grade CRS. If the seller sold Nishiki PRLs at a bit higher than normal crs, he would have doubt the authenticity.
Old 22-07-2011, 11:42 AM   #22
alvinchan80

Quote:
Alvinchan,

Just to be fair, you have to ensure your water is good and at least of your crs do not look bad. And how much have you piad? If you have paid a price that is just a bit higher then a normal A grade CRS, I think that is quite ok.
well, my tanks all share the same perimeter and my normal CRS shows even better colors...

amount spent is >$100+ a freaking piece after much assurance that colors are solid white/red and parents photos are shown.. asked why lak sek even after a week & 2 weeks, was told that they are not stable yet and colors will show when 'ADULT'...

Old 22-07-2011, 11:45 AM   #23
silane
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinchan80 View Post
well, my tanks all share the same perimeter and my normal CRS shows even better colors...

amount spent is >$100+ a freaking piece after much assurance that colors are solid white/red and parents photos are shown.. asked why lak sek even after a week & 2 weeks, was told that they are not stable yet and colors will show when 'ADULT'...
Can show the color of your adult normal crs, a group of it?

That day, I sold some ASSA low grade, and has small number of those quality, I just gave them as free.
Old 22-07-2011, 11:56 AM   #24
alvinchan80

Quote:
Can show the color of your adult normal crs, a group of it?

That day, I sold some ASSA low grade, and has small number of those quality, I just gave them as free.
See here...

Even one which is trying to 'suntan' looks better...

Old 22-07-2011, 11:59 AM   #25
Xmant
Dragon

Quote:

I am not sure how yours looked when you got them firstly. If they were nice and solid, then it might due to your caring issue. Not all CRS stayed at the same water parameters. Each breeder has their way of keeping them and they might stay at slightly different parameters.

This remindered me of my earlier days in keeping CRS. My CRS started to drop colour when I brought them back from breeder home. Now, things had changed; just in the reverse.

In general, as shrimps grow older, their color will be degraded based on my past experience. If you ever come across with a good solid coloration, then the adult can be classified as 1st class. Best to view them before you commit the purchase for such a high price to prevent any unhappiness.

On the other hand if you are only paying for $5-$15 for a piece, then you can forget about it. Most likely, you will be getting something from average to slight better than average type.

My 2 cents of advice.

Last edited by Xmant; 22-07-2011 at 12:05 PM.
Old 22-07-2011, 12:03 PM   #26
wei
Dragon

at times i wonder if buyers procuring high grade high value shrimps can request to view the actual shrimp inside the tank first before deciding whether to go ahead with the purchase.

I mean it's not like buying a package of normal grades x pieces in a tub grab and go kind of deal where the quality is around that standard level wont differ much.
Old 22-07-2011, 12:06 PM   #27
alvinchan80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmant View Post
I am not sure how yours looked when you got them firstly. If they were nice and solid, then it might due to your caring issue. Not all CRS stayed in the same water parameters. Each breeder has their way of keeping them and they might stay in slightly different parameters.

This remindered me of my earlier days in keeping CRS. My CRS started to drop colour when I brought them back from breeder home. Now, things had changed; just in the reverse.

In general, as shrimps grow older, their color will be degraded based on my past experience. If you ever come across with a good solid coloration, then the adult can be classified as 1st class. Best to view them before you commit the purchase for such a high price to prevent any unhappiness.

On the other hand if you are only paying for $5-$15 for a piece, then you can forget about it. Most likely, you will be getting something from average to slight better than average type.

My 2 cents of advice.
if after so long and they are still unstable in my tank conditions, then the shrimps must have 'fantastic' genes in them...
i am keeping my shrimps, in 6 tanks with all same perimeter, my normal CRS can recover the colors after transit from my previous tank in less den a week, this niSHITki lineage has to take more den a month and yet the colors never 'returned'?

Old 22-07-2011, 12:07 PM   #28
blnnlez

Bro.. It hurts the wallet and your heart to see this kind of shrimp with the hard earn money you paid for. Its even more saddening to see that there are people who make a fortune out of other's misery. And the saddest thing to say is how people just treat shrimp keeping like a money making spinner. True that you might need to sell some off to cover off expenses or initial cost.. But it should not be the way to do it in this manner. Worse scenario that could even happen is people crossing normal crs with prl and claim that they are PRL and selling them at super cheap prices! It degrades the shrimp keeping reputation, degrades those unique lineage of PRL and it wrongly portrays how we Singaporeans are money grabbers in this hobby.

Old 22-07-2011, 12:28 PM   #29
Xmant
Dragon

Quote:
if after so long and they are still unstable in my tank conditions, then the shrimps must have 'fantastic' genes in them...
i am keeping my shrimps, in 6 tanks with all same perimeter, my normal CRS can recover the colors after transit from my previous tank in less den a week, this niSHITki lineage has to take more den a month and yet the colors never 'returned'?
Coloration of shrimps are governed by many factors.
1. Temperature
2. gH & pH
3. parameters variation in water from day to day.
4. The way you did WC and top-up.
5. Water quality
6. Filtering System - to handle shrimps' bioload

To make a success and maintaining a good piece is of great challenge IMO. Frankly speaking, even your fine pieces CRS still got a lot of room to be improved. Still can see some hairline crack and uneven patches on them. Need time and effort to refine them.

Last edited by Xmant; 22-07-2011 at 12:30 PM.
Old 22-07-2011, 12:32 PM   #30
eviltrain

Quote:
amount spent is >$100+ a freaking piece
I can buy 5 pc of beni mix band PRL at GC liao. ( there is still a few gem inside la )

Closed Thread