Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 06-03-2003, 09:17 PM   #11
frankloh
Arofanatic

Dun need to buy mah......just take afew from ponds and within 3 days it should multiply twice it original amount.
frankloh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2003, 09:53 PM   #12
GOOD

Think duckweed will pollute the water after consumption as it is a veggie base and when gold fish eats it, think the shit will be quite watery.
Old 07-03-2003, 09:47 AM   #13
frankloh
Arofanatic

Dun worry, the shit will not be watery.....instead it will be very healthy poops and greenish in color.
Old 07-03-2003, 06:04 PM   #14
Xerovix

just like those gf in algae pond...

Quote:
Originally posted by frankloh
Dun worry, the shit will not be watery.....instead it will be very healthy poops and greenish in color.
Old 07-03-2003, 06:24 PM   #15
hosoonhee
Dragon

just collected some duckweeds from skydevil,but my ranchu won't eat leh,do they need some time to adapt to eating duckweeds???any bru wanna try out duckweeds for their ranchu???willing to let go some of mine,collection will be at lavender mrt,better for those who can provide enough lights to keep the plant reproducing.feel free to pm me or you can also sms or call me at 96888817 for further discussion.
hosoonhee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2003, 09:03 PM   #16
GOOD

You giving or selling?
Old 07-03-2003, 09:12 PM   #17
hosoonhee
Dragon

giving lah,most ppl give their plant free,I got them free too,now I am sharing with you guys.
Old 07-03-2003, 11:41 PM   #18
hosoonhee
Dragon

need advise from those who had fed their fishes with duckweeds before.do you put all the duck weeds in to your tank with goldfish or you only put in the amount to be feed each time,cos read from somewhere that goldfish will never stop eating as they won't know they are full,so I am worry that they may be stuff to death if I were to put all the duckweeds into the tank.
Old 08-03-2003, 12:35 AM   #19
frankloh
Arofanatic

have to split your stockpile ley....else within 1 day or 2, all your duckweed confirm gone......GF simply loves duckweeds.....take note....haha
Old 08-03-2003, 12:38 AM   #20
frankloh
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by hosoonhee
just collected some duckweeds from skydevil,but my ranchu won't eat leh,do they need some time to adapt to eating duckweeds???any bru wanna try out duckweeds for their ranchu???willing to let go some of mine,collection will be at lavender mrt,better for those who can provide enough lights to keep the plant reproducing.feel free to pm me or you can also sms or call me at 96888817 for further discussion.

To reproduce them must remember to keep changing the water with your tank water that contains high nitrates.....else your duckweed will not grow fast.

My water which have a nitrates reading of 40mmg within a few days become 0 nitrates. The duckweeds never multiply leow.