Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Tank set-ups, Filtration & Water Management > Articles, Resources & FAQs

Old 03-03-2005, 07:29 AM   #21
loowk

sure bro.

workshop: diy coil de-nitrator
time n date: 10.30am, Sunday 13th Mar 2005
venue: Tom32 house
Faber Ave
Near Clementi, Beside Jalan Lempeng

confirm coming and building the diy de-nitrator
1. archie2000
2. liquidnoise
3. Tom32
4. chua_jacky
5. alvin24
6. loowk @96804855
Old 03-03-2005, 09:16 AM   #22
archie2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vetduck
Hi Andrew,

I've made mine, but it's leaking from the base of the inlet & outlet valves. Will have to try patch that up with some glue. I'll sign up for it as well. Hopefully will be on a Sun I'm off. I do own your uncle a visit to his place.
Hi Simon,

tats great. u've done it. when i built mine, i got mine leaking at the top end cap. minor issue. the pvc glue take care of it on the spot.

great news to have u with us. my uncle will be very happy and overly excited tis time. its tentatively on next Sunday 13th Mar. hope u can make it.

Faber Ave

1. archie2000
2. liquidnoise
3. Tom32 (host)
4. chua_jacky
5. alvin24
6. loowk @96804855
7. vetduck (special guest appearance)

anymore bro coming. limited seats left .
Old 03-03-2005, 02:28 PM   #23
WaterZoo

This is a show of classic fellowship exhibited by Bro Archie who volunteer his time for this DIY Section when he can spend the time with his family.

One Up for you, Bro.
Old 03-03-2005, 09:47 PM   #24
liquidnoise

Quote:
Originally Posted by archie2000
thats a fantastic idea bro liquidnoise. btw r u the man with a spacious front yard and organinzing a diy tank cabinet workshop? where r u staying bro? actually i've someone house in mind. tats my uncle Tom32 (have not asked his permission yet ). at the same time can see look his 10 footer aro comm setup.

if the respond is good, say about 5 persons, then we should carry on with this workshop cum lunch plan.

here is a little more info for bros interested in coming to the workshop. the estimate cost is as below. however if we share material in bulk, think we can save more. things like glue, spray paint, air tube, etc.. can just buy 1, share during building and split the cost. outside selling the cheapest n worst.. not working one is at least $120+ .

$3 for 25m air tube,
$8 for 2.5ft 4" pipe,
$6 for 2 4" end caps,
$1 for air tube connectors and valve,
$2 share cost for super pvc glue,
$2 share cost for spray paint,
$7 for 100+ bioballs or get gd price from forum buy/sell,
$8 for powerhead input pump or use your own existing powerhead,
$5 for workshop food n drinks. cannot let house owner buy right.

time n date: 10.30am, one of the Sunday
venue: TBC ( i go pm my uncle first )

i dun drive. so probably few days before need someone to drive me round north area to buy all the material. whose car boot can accomodate at least 5 pieces of 2.5ft 4" wide pvc pipes?

let the list rolling... started off with me n bro liquidnoise.

1. archie2000
2. Liquidnoise
hehehe shd be fine for me. i have a car and a van (have to borrow frm father). wats the latest plans? shall we put our HP or sum contact number down to keep updated incase?
Old 03-03-2005, 09:50 PM   #25
liquidnoise

Faber Ave

1. archie2000
2. liquidnoise @ 93855871
3. Tom32 (host)
4. chua_jacky
5. alvin24
6. loowk @96804855
7. vetduck (special guest appearance)

anymore bro coming. limited seats left .[/QUOTE]
Old 04-03-2005, 12:08 AM   #26
archie2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterZoo
This is a show of classic fellowship exhibited by Bro Archie who volunteer his time for this DIY Section when he can spend the time with his family.

One Up for you, Bro.
thks for the 1 upz bro. some say here is just another chat room, some say here is another forum, some say here a community but some say AF is a family .
Old 04-03-2005, 12:27 AM   #27
archie2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidnoise
hehehe shd be fine for me. i have a car and a van (have to borrow frm father). wats the latest plans? shall we put our HP or sum contact number down to keep updated incase?
thks bro liquidnoise for your enthusiastic support. i'm thinking the easier way to go about doing the workshop will be just demonstrate building 1 set. in tis way, it will not take up the whole day. every bro will have a gd idea of the concept. they can later salvage whatever they have and build it confidently. some have already built half way, some already have incomplete equipments. so it makes buying of equipments for all different bros need difficult. we'll build one on the spot and put it in operation on uncle Tom tank. we all can discuss as we go along building it. so wat do u all think bros?
Old 04-03-2005, 11:37 AM   #28
Iori

Quote:
thks bro liquidnoise for your enthusiastic support. i'm thinking the easier way to go about doing the workshop will be just demonstrate building 1 set. in tis way, it will not take up the whole day. every bro will have a gd idea of the concept. they can later salvage whatever they have and build it confidently. some have already built half way, some already have incomplete equipments. so it makes buying of equipments for all different bros need difficult. we'll build one on the spot and put it in operation on uncle Tom tank. we all can discuss as we go along building it. so wat do u all think bros?
Just checked my schedule, afraid have to give it a pass this time. Enjoy your DIY session guys.
Old 04-03-2005, 12:01 PM   #29
archie2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iori
Just checked my schedule, afraid have to give it a pass this time. Enjoy your DIY session guys.
oh wat a pity without u bro. maybe next time some other gathering .
Old 04-03-2005, 12:09 PM   #30
liquidnoise

Quote:
no worries man. always excited to DIY stuff. like to use hands kindof guy. I can volunteer with some bros to buy things tomorrow. coz mass buy easier. every1 can do together. those build half way can carry on. those like me can start from scratch. I think it wouldnt take long right. The last time there was a mass DIY grounding cable for subaru club. few years ago. I think only few hours with helpers helping here n there to ppl who cannot manage. But reallyu depends on the thread starter if this is a better lidea. If one set demo set do my house leh. straight away do n demostrate how to install. so all can c. if anybros wanna do I can volunteer to go help them in their place, after the kind guesture for "my demo" set". Few more days quick quick decide