Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > General Freshwater Forum

Old 08-01-2011, 04:16 PM   #21
CM09

Quote:
Originally Posted by muser View Post
I'd buy blue thai mahseer juvenile if there is stock in sg.

would you or anyone know a source? then we can see how many hobbyists wanna get the Blue thai mahseer and hopefully have a Group Buy
I have no idea, sorry bro!
Old 08-01-2011, 04:19 PM   #22
CM09

Quote:
Originally Posted by iinkeren View Post
Yup. I moved em to smaller pond as the pond they used to swim is being reovated. It seems that they got strees with new enviro and swam here and there hit the Ph causing it accidentally turned out. It happened at night so nobody realise what was going on. Woke up in the morning and found this when I checked em

Really a bad loss for me as they are my favorites
What a pity! Sorry to heard that, bro
Old 08-01-2011, 04:23 PM   #23
CM09

Quote:
Originally Posted by beo View Post
Does anyone have red masheers that dont turn red?
I had mine id sometime ago but almost 5mths on their fins are barely even red...
I have one about 14" TL, there's only light reddish on the fins and body.
Old 10-01-2011, 05:16 AM   #24
muser
Dragon

can any hobbyist kindly share their Thai Blue mahseer? Have yet to see any |╯△╰|
muser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 01:49 PM   #25
FishyAmazon

Quote:
can any hobbyist kindly share their Thai Blue mahseer? Have yet to see any |╯△╰|
Got Lah. Many people already shown hand in previous threads.
I can show hand too - five dead fries .

My Avatar is a thai blue marsheer at about 4 inch now grown to about 9 plus inches - growth rate gets slower as the fish gets bigger. Note that not all thai blue are having blue scales like the pic from Xian Leng - that one is a rare piece that happens to have a lot of blue pigments on its scale.

Last edited by FishyAmazon; 10-01-2011 at 01:52 PM.
Old 10-01-2011, 01:51 PM   #26
FishyAmazon

Sharing some past photos i uploaded.

Old 11-01-2011, 01:53 AM   #27
muser
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyAmazon View Post
Sharing some past photos i uploaded.

thank you FishyAmazon, so T. Putitora = Thai Blue Mahseer?
Yes you are right, i was under the impression that all Blue Thai Mahseers ultimately grow up to look like Xian Leng's....

Now I wonder how a normal adult Blue Thai Mahseer looks like then...↘#╯◡╰#↖ *goes dig up threads in hope*

Last edited by muser; 11-01-2011 at 01:54 AM.
Old 11-01-2011, 03:26 AM   #28
CM09

One of my aim targets, the Tor sinensis has just arrived; this still dizziness specimen is about 13" TL.
All I can say at this moment is "WHAT A BEAUTY"!

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 11-01-2011, 02:02 PM   #29
FishyAmazon

Quote:
thank you FishyAmazon, so T. Putitora = Thai Blue Mahseer?
Yes you are right, i was under the impression that all Blue Thai Mahseers ultimately grow up to look like Xian Leng's....

Now I wonder how a normal adult Blue Thai Mahseer looks like then...↘#╯◡╰#↖ *goes dig up threads in hope*
No Problem. Keep coming back and enjoy the reading and knowledge. I learnt a great deal from many experience keepers here too. Google for "Thai Golden Mahseer" and you will get tons of pictures from fishing sites to quench your desires - read first hand from anglers with photos of both blue and golden scale pigments of the same thai blue mahseer. Maybe the common name of "Thai Blue Mahseer" is actually refering to the fins instead of the body.

Neolissochilus stracheyi = Thai Blue Mahseer

Here is one site with the beautiful giant: http://www.thailand-fly-fishing-guid...e-fish/mahseer

Get at least a pair too cause you will get to watch UFC like those i had before.
YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Last edited by FishyAmazon; 11-01-2011 at 02:11 PM.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:36 PM   #30
muser
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyAmazon View Post
No Problem. Keep coming back and enjoy the reading and knowledge. I learnt a great deal from many experience keepers here too. Google for "Thai Golden Mahseer" and you will get tons of pictures from fishing sites to quench your desires - read first hand from anglers with photos of both blue and golden scale pigments of the same thai blue mahseer. Maybe the common name of "Thai Blue Mahseer" is actually refering to the fins instead of the body.

Neolissochilus stracheyi = Thai Blue Mahseer

Here is one site with the beautiful giant: http://www.thailand-fly-fishing-guid...e-fish/mahseer

Get at least a pair too cause you will get to watch UFC like those i had before.
YouTube Video
appreciate the info as always.

here's some interesting specimens sourced off the net:
Souce: http://www.mpj-aqualife.com/news.html?p=4
They call it the Arowana Carp!! how i wish i cud rear on of this