Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > AquaMedics Board & Pet Loss > Pet Loss

Old 25-04-2013, 12:17 AM   #41
Marlinz
Dragon

My condolences for ur loss bro!
Marlinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2013, 09:59 AM   #42
nutx
Dragon

Bro...sorry for your loss....

a note on heater...not only the automatic thermostat need to be check, the placement of the heater also very important.

Many people put at the sump return pump compartment, and this can be causing the main tank to be over-heated even if the thermostat is working properly.

Reason is that the water is heated up, and send to the main tank. while the water is cool down on the overflow process into the sump and flowing thru the various compartment.

hence the heater will keep heating and you can get as high as 3-5degree different between your main tank and heater temperature reading.
nutx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2013, 11:00 AM   #43
shark
Dragon

so sad to heard this... bro you just have to move on and take this as a lesson (heavy) learnt.. I dont think seller will compensate you because it not 100% his fault, as the deal is a willing buyer and willing seller.. maybe the seller himself dun even know about the heater faulty.. or ... maybe it not the heater, it could be the 500g of salt you added.. the salt with the heated water cause some chemical reaction that could kill your fishes..

my advise for using heater is make sure there is extra air inside the tank, cos once water heat up the oxygen inside will reduce greatly.. always add in additional airpump with extra air stone while treating fish with med and heater.
shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2013, 12:27 PM   #44
nitingdedao
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by shark View Post
so sad to heard this... bro you just have to move on and take this as a lesson (heavy) learnt.. I dont think seller will compensate you because it not 100% his fault, as the deal is a willing buyer and willing seller.. maybe the seller himself dun even know about the heater faulty.. or ... maybe it not the heater, it could be the 500g of salt you added.. the salt with the heated water cause some chemical reaction that could kill your fishes..

my advise for using heater is make sure there is extra air inside the tank, cos once water heat up the oxygen inside will reduce greatly.. always add in additional airpump with extra air stone while treating fish with med and heater.
Einstein!!!
nitingdedao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2013, 12:54 PM   #45
Fishspace

Painful lesson.

Wah lau few k lost and lifes lost
Old 25-04-2013, 02:07 PM   #46
mrnyunus
Dragon

Red face

Wah piang..
Sorry to hear this bro..i will nv use heater coz i tink nowdays weather sibeh very hot liao so i guess tank temp atleast 30d..more bubles in tank coz the higher the temp less dissolved oxygen in water bro
mrnyunus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2013, 02:54 PM   #47
stigenome

Sorry for your lost . This happened to a friend of mine years back with Louhan. Also cooked due to a used heater he bought from AF to store and standby.

It is hard to blame if heater was already damaged when he bought or maybe long storage that caused damage to heater.
stigenome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 05:48 PM   #48
johannes

even Jager when you first bought also not zhun but at least you can callibrate it.
Old 07-05-2013, 09:13 PM   #49
yeo soon chai
Dragon

Sorry for your lost. Regardless of what brand, new or old heater u used, u need a separate thermometer to monitor the temperature. Can't totally rely on the setting scale and also assume the heater is safe even when the thermostat is working.
yeo soon chai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 02:33 AM   #50
Skywalker

Was looking around this forum for a heater and came across this thread. Really sorry to hear about this incident. Will take note on using heaters in my tank.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote