Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Guppy Forum

Old 15-08-2008, 11:33 AM   #121
manatwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by haya23busa View Post
Thanks all for the advise and condolence. Really sad leh now i just hope the remaining 6 fry will manage to pull through. And also the 1st batch 20 fry ae going to be 1 month, the color red can been seen at the tail. Hope they grew up and breed cause my tank is lack of MALE guppies.
But I heard from a friend saying that same breed of fries from the same mother, better don't mate them.... Because, if do it in this way then those fries may turn or to be weaker and not nice....

Maybe just like human.... from the same parent, cannot make love
Old 15-08-2008, 02:10 PM   #122
haya23busa
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by manatwork View Post
But I heard from a friend saying that same breed of fries from the same mother, better don't mate them.... Because, if do it in this way then those fries may turn or to be weaker and not nice....

Ermm.. that i am not quite sure about it. Think i heard before too, but the parents of the fry are also siblings. My 1st batch of fry (total 20) consist of the 1st mummy and 2nd mummy drop.
haya23busa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2008, 02:58 PM   #123
whq
Arofanatic

Quote:

Yup. For human, as we are trying to diversify our gene pool to prevent unwanted deformed/recessive dominant illnesses (this could lead to some major problem eg. way weaker human). But in the case of fishes we are trying to narrow the gene pool to obtain special traits (eg. tail shape, color etc)

Therefore if you want to maintain a healthy line, it is always good to outcross every few generation.

Cheers
whq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2008, 03:30 PM   #124
manatwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by whq View Post
Yup. For human, as we are trying to diversify our gene pool to prevent unwanted deformed/recessive dominant illnesses (this could lead to some major problem eg. way weaker human). But in the case of fishes we are trying to narrow the gene pool to obtain special traits (eg. tail shape, color etc)

Therefore if you want to maintain a healthy line, it is always good to outcross every few generation.

Cheers
oic
Now have a better picture
Old 15-08-2008, 03:44 PM   #125
whq
Arofanatic

Quote:
oic
Now have a better picture
But to know more about breeding quality guppy, have to ask ard in this forum for an ideal method. As selection is 1 key thing of breeding showgrade guppy, but to perfect this skill is hard. Too many things to note, eg improve specific trait, when to intro outcrossing, water qualities, etc etc... I am still learning
whq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2008, 10:49 PM   #126
nefish
Dragon

Most imp is the passion and patience, as you need to keep a few lines to obtain a good one.
nefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2008, 01:39 PM   #127
haya23busa
Dragon

Default No hope liao.....

My 20 fry (1 month plus) all died. The color of the fry already come out. Very very very Sad. now left the 1week old 6 fry.
Old 20-08-2008, 01:40 PM   #128
drakeho
Dragon

Quote:
My 20 fry (1 month plus) all died. The color of the fry already come out. Very very very Sad. now left the 1week old 6 fry.
What happen ? Let us know we see is there anything wrong
drakeho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2008, 01:40 PM   #129
KeeHuat
Dragon

Quote:
Haya, what happened
KeeHuat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2008, 01:52 PM   #130
haya23busa
Dragon

I also dunno wat happen. My mum called me told me that all are died. Ever since they are born i WC everyday, feed them as usual. For 1 week, i never feed them frozen boon and last nite i gave them a bit of that, i even prepare BBS for feeding them tonite. I even bought 2 small plant on Sunday for them in the tank.
Is it cause by the boon? or the plant? Or i overfeed again?

Really very sad, my "xin xue" all gone.

Tags
guppy, red guppy