Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Betta Forum > Articles, Resources & FAQs

Old 29-07-2008, 09:11 AM   #81
kian_john
Senior Dragon

a 2 bro(charlie and kebab) out there relax la..isnt here a place to share and let people out there to know more..MOD. wad you mean by
1. Posting a tampered photo when someone asks how a green betta look like.
i dun get what you mean?Correct me if i`m wrong,tampered means edit the picture?
kian_john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2008, 09:36 AM   #82
tgxworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by kian_john View Post
a 2 bro(charlie and kebab) out there relax la..isnt here a place to share and let people out there to know more..MOD. wad you mean by
1. Posting a tampered photo when someone asks how a green betta look like.
i dun get what you mean?Correct me if i`m wrong,tampered means edit the picture?
do a little search for the thread regarding the green betta thread
Old 29-07-2008, 09:37 AM   #83
CharlieBrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by kebab7 View Post
well...Firstly, I'll have to give it to you for your usage in rhetorical questions everywhere. " Why do we need to flare betta?" when you obviously know the ans.
Well done! I don't know whether you know the meaning of the word "rhetorical" or not. But my question here is definitely not rhetorical. Unless you are saying that you know that it's not nice to be on the receiving end of sarcasm, but you would go ahead and dish it out to others. I assume you use the question "why do we need to flare betta?" as an example, so I'll leave that.

Quote:
I bring this up because in other thread ,again without fail, you questioned the "horn-like" structure it has on giant. If you cant tell, do not blame it on other ppl, because majority of the ppl who keep giant know what is that "horn" that we often bring up. Again, do not assume that forumer here are ignorant to believe that there is an actual horn in it. Because of that, let me bring you to point 2... which is why i said there are "pimple"(to aid you to change the misconception that giants have horns). If those are not very gd use of descriptive words, pls forgive me and maybe you can find another gd word to replace it.
I have never questioned about what the horn-like structure, until last night in the other giant thread. So how did the "again without fail" come about? If you mistake me for someone else, sorry you are barking up the wrong tree.

As someone who might not be as experienced as giant-keepers such as yourself, trying to find out more about how to identify giants, is that a valid question? How can you be so dismissive that all giant-keepers know? Where does that leave the rest of us? I also know that you were making a description of a giant having some structure that looks like horns, but I am trying to find out how to see it. Is that such an irrelevant question?

Quote:
Point 3... no comment... thats y I said that you are always right. I already stated my stand... got "D" means HM... no "D" means no HM. what's there to argue? I doubt anyone came to my house to view fishes and I point to a SD and told them that it is 100% HM...

Enough abt giants.... big big betta at maturity exceeding 3.5inch is my kinda giant.

Point 1... I love to conceptionalise virtually how a green betta look like. Pardon me for sharing. I have learnt from my mistake and will not share pic like such again.

p.s: lets not chat here and take it outside forum if you wish (kopi on me)... if not I may be guilty of causing you to close your thread( I would not want that to happen)
On point 1, there's a big difference in saying that you like to conceptualise something, and then go ahead and post something that might mislead someone else. If you don't know the difference, let me give you a hint. There are two actions here. Conceptualising, and then posting it out. I may be wrong, but you never admitted it on that thread, did you?

On Point 2, if you start a thread that you trumpet loudly for educating fellow forummers, then I would expect you to take questions from all and sundry. If you post a description that few understand, and when asked what you mean, I expect you to back up your answer with more details. Don't leave fellow forummers to wonder what you are trying to say.

I have no problem if you would like to share your views, but I draw a line when your posts are bordering on mis-representation. For your own good, you need to learn that good communication skills are important in life.
Old 30-07-2008, 01:00 AM   #84
xbackbetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgxworld View Post
i believe they are SD now. when they grow and reach hm we call it hm. when the fish becomes old and cannot hold its finnage to HM we call it SD.
i think thats how i look at it to................

Quote:
Originally Posted by superlamon View Post
U can ask the IBC Judges, maybe they will be able to give u a better picture..

Thanks bro lamon i think dats wat we need here. and the judges have done a good job in explaining . thanks bro nasha and bro yong 87.

Train a SD to a HM? i think its not going to be easy....and i do not know one is going to do that too.
agreed with u bro
Old 30-07-2008, 07:07 AM   #85
chocolate
Senior Dragon

Thanks for the info bro
chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2008, 10:35 AM   #86
imooi2001
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior View Post
for me i tink perfect D considered le?

some said must have at least 8 rays?

so wats the IBC std? cos i go the webbie say need to register to dl zzz

anyone knows?

i found this...tho not related to HM...but got hm plakat which many of u here are interested in...hope it helps...

http://ausaqua.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=3746
I believe by straight definition a straight edge 'D" is considered HM.
But we need to note that there are still Good HM vs Not so good HM.
No. of rays, for example, make the diff between good vs not-so-good.
we need to also note that in the earlier days when HM is developed, I do not think there are any 16 rays, for example. So HM definition by its originality does not call for no. of rays as criteria, imho
imooi2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2008, 10:39 AM   #87
imooi2001
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nismo83 View Post
u the know answer liao ma... so do i .. and so do some of the forumer here in af... but as usual... black dark u shd know...

but i have 1 qns... OHM need to have straight or sharp edge?

Not sure if anyone discuss this further on OHM.
As much as I am aware, the official definition and 'preference' is probably not there for OHM, yet.
I IBC committte the last I heard there is much discussion of the same, some even 'preferred' NOT to be TOO MUCH 'OVER' to maintain overall symmetrical appreance, but for certain there are others think 'otherwise'.

imho, to be and OHM, there is still need to meet the criteria of HM, ie, in this case, need to have a straight-edge.
personally I prefer the more 'Over' (must be straight edge), the better..of obviously a lot of people would prefer otherwise
Old 30-07-2008, 11:57 AM   #88
nismo83

Quote:
Originally Posted by imooi2001 View Post
Not sure if anyone discuss this further on OHM.
As much as I am aware, the official definition and 'preference' is probably not there for OHM, yet.
I IBC committte the last I heard there is much discussion of the same, some even 'preferred' NOT to be TOO MUCH 'OVER' to maintain overall symmetrical appreance, but for certain there are others think 'otherwise'.

imho, to be and OHM, there is still need to meet the criteria of HM, ie, in this case, need to have a straight-edge.
personally I prefer the more 'Over' (must be straight edge), the better..of obviously a lot of people would prefer otherwise
if i remember correctly... over HM is sometime considered as a "-" point
Old 30-07-2008, 02:01 PM   #89
imooi2001
Dragon

Quote:
ya some says so that it is '-' point, but some says it is '+'.
as I know even within IBC this has not also been 'sorted out', and all really depending on each every individual's preference.
Old 30-07-2008, 03:38 PM   #90
Fishyfishchan
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by imooi2001 View Post
ya some says so that it is '-' point, but some says it is '+'.
as I know even within IBC this has not also been 'sorted out', and all really depending on each every individual's preference.
Quote:
Based on what I learned, OHM is not a '+' or a'-' point..
During judging, we look out for the faults in the fish, the fish with the lesser faults will win. We do not give bonus or '+' point to any fish that has an outstanding unpaired or paired fins.
Fishyfishchan is offline   Reply With Quote