Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascapers Equipment, DIY and Hardware

Old 18-08-2006, 06:34 PM   #1
caroland

Default enquiries for shrimps tank

well i just set up a small planted tank with DIY co2, DIY fan and Hang on filter without fertilisers..im using liquid fertilizers..
i intend to keep shrimps so wad are e water parameters to take note?
Old 18-08-2006, 07:54 PM   #2
Sunfire

I have a small combi-fish and shrimp tank. It's good. What shrimp? I don't do CRS, too expensive.

You can use lapis sand for gravel.

Fan, light, CO2 and HOF is essential. For me I didn't feed them, make sure the HOF inlets are covered so that they won't suck up any baby shrimp.

For plants, best to use moss and other small plants.

Water parameters? Tap water should be ok, healthy shrimp tank should be neutral to slightly acidic ph.
Old 19-08-2006, 12:59 AM   #3
SAM WONG 13

Hi Bro,

It depends on what type of shrimps you plan to keep.

If CRS, they will need 24 to 26 degree. As for the rest of the shrimps temperature can be higher at 26 to 29 degree.

Think with all your equipment you can keep CRS but will advice that you start off with Cherry Shrimps cos they are easier to rear, then slowly change to CRS if you like them cos they are beautiful.

Sam
Old 19-08-2006, 09:56 AM   #4
caroland

ok noted to all...tks and must i use black water to maintain PH @ 7??
Old 19-08-2006, 10:23 AM   #5
Anthen
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroland
ok noted to all...tks and must i use black water to maintain PH @ 7??
Not necessary.. if u put blackwater how u going to admire ur tank.. hee..for ur information, i using tap water ph 6.8-7.0 and i dun really bother about the water parameter or maintenaning except alternate day top up lost water, my cherry shrimps breed very fast.. just make sure there are some moss to acts as food supplement and occcasionally(roughtly 3times per week) throw some algae wafers in.. dun overfeed will do..fans on for 24 hrs..my temp remains at 25.7.. liquid fertilizers not really necessary.. moss will still grow under the above situation..
Anthen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2006, 10:48 AM   #6
caroland

oh ok anthen..i wanted to do a planted tank wif endlers and cherry shrimps..so u r saying normal tap water will do? is there any other things i nid to purchase??anti chlorine, ....etc???
Old 20-08-2006, 12:36 AM   #7
SAM WONG 13

Hi Bro,

Will not advice you to add any fishes if you planning to breed the Cherry Shrimps. Also, they breed easily... So enjoy breeding them...
Old 31-08-2006, 02:54 AM   #8
calvin_wang

i started off with a nano tank for my crs,i use hang on fan, hang on filter, and pl 9w light. basic heh, i use activatied soil fertilizer and growing glosso hc and taiwan moss tie to driftwood. starting i use anti-chlorine. let the water run for 1 day, next day pour in black water and liquid fertilizer for plant. then pump in co2 at 2bps let it run for 1week change ph level stable at around 6.5 - 7.. tata im done, throw in the crs. done. cheers.. my room temp is 30c using fan drop to 26-27c, to me is a bad temperature for my crs. i intend to get 120mm fan n diy. cheers...
Old 17-11-2012, 07:18 PM   #9
wickedpork

do cherry shrimps really breed easily? i been keeping so many times but they die on me easily..
Old 26-11-2012, 02:43 AM   #10
peanut8787
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedpork View Post
do cherry shrimps really breed easily? i been keeping so many times but they die on me easily..
You would get better response if you post in the right section rather than digging out a 2006 thread.

http://arofanatics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68

And yes, they do breed fairly easily under the right condition
peanut8787 is offline   Reply With Quote