Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > AroReefers

Old 24-12-2008, 10:28 AM   #71
Fei Yi

merry christmas !!!!!

hmm ic is urs a 422 tank?
Old 24-12-2008, 11:19 AM   #72
KaLiB

Merry xmas to you too. Yup, mine is a 4x2x2.

dnsfpl: Thanks.
Old 26-12-2008, 12:14 PM   #73
Fei Yi

Default cr

hi there i have read some thing about calcuim reactor.

i think i making my tank more to reef tank. i like my rock to be red red colour with about 4 to 5 coral.

understand that CR need to have CO2 tank to lower the ph. and do it need a ph controller?

hmm if the ph is lowered then will it affect the tank ph level?
Old 30-12-2008, 10:25 AM   #74
Fei Yi

hi there i finally had most of the thing but still setting up . . .

currently i experiance some thing very unusual but notice for the seller he mention it is ok.

i have a red tip rose coral . . . what happen is that it keep moving about in my tank. then one day it suddenly gone . . .
haha it hide below some rock. then i turn it up right. soon next day it go back to that same position grrr . this time round i cannot turn it back liao because it stick itself between 2 rock. when i take that rock that time i did a little pull on the coral . . .

then i very du lan that my coral wants to play hide and sick with me . . . this is my first coral thinking of putting at a good position to view it went under my rock. then what i did was to put a wavemaker to blow on it so that it will leave the rock and only stick to one piece of rock.

but next morning the coral spilt into 2 piece and both pieces alive. hahaa
as i read about people say coral reproduce in this way. wao i quite lucky though can experiance such things.
Old 30-12-2008, 03:58 PM   #75
KaLiB

Your coral is likely to be an anemone as it is constantly moving about. Splitting maybe a good sign indicating that the water condition is fine.

Regarding the CR, i'm not too sure as i've not used one before myself.
Old 30-12-2008, 05:39 PM   #76
Fei Yi

hmmm ok ok. well i think i dont use CR ready very expensive and big. maybe one day i see got people sell real cheap i getting it.

i use a lot of equipment liao in my pump liao

my first compartment
sponge, bioball, live rock then coral chips.
as my first compartment about 1ft

2nd compartment
skimmer beckett , and cheato

3rd comparement
ceremic ring, bio ring,bacteria house, bio home plus.

4th compartment
FR connect to UV steraliser,
eheim 2028 to chiller (eheim fillter inside got default eheim filter media),
aquabee as return pump

i wonder what ozone generator is it good as see people selling cheap

is there any thing i should not put? or left out?
Old 30-12-2008, 06:02 PM   #77
KaLiB

Looks like you more or less covered everything you need to begin with.

If you ask me what should be left out, my choice would still be the ceramic rings, bioball and coral chips. However, if you prefer to use these media, you can still go ahead and do so.
Old 05-01-2009, 12:15 PM   #78
davidw
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fei Yi View Post
hi there i finally had most of the thing but still setting up . . .

currently i experiance some thing very unusual but notice for the seller he mention it is ok.

i have a red tip rose coral . . . what happen is that it keep moving about in my tank. then one day it suddenly gone . . .
haha it hide below some rock. then i turn it up right. soon next day it go back to that same position grrr . this time round i cannot turn it back liao because it stick itself between 2 rock. when i take that rock that time i did a little pull on the coral . . .

then i very du lan that my coral wants to play hide and sick with me . . . this is my first coral thinking of putting at a good position to view it went under my rock. then what i did was to put a wavemaker to blow on it so that it will leave the rock and only stick to one piece of rock.

but next morning the coral spilt into 2 piece and both pieces alive. hahaa
as i read about people say coral reproduce in this way. wao i quite lucky though can experiance such things.
Mayb u can post a pic of yur set up for AF members to share
davidw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 12:13 PM   #79
Fei Yi

hee hee hmmmm just set up tank in 1 month plus inside not much things hee hee....

marine tank
11.jpg
12.jpg
13.jpg
14.jpg
15.jpg
16.jpg
17.jpg

my other tank
TEMP_TANK.jpg
temp_tank2.jpg
temp_tank3.jpg
desert_tank2.jpg
desert_tank.jpg
discurs_tank1.jpg
discus_tank2.jpg
discus_tank3.jpg

video
my_tanks.zip
Old 07-01-2009, 12:33 PM   #80
Fei Yi

actually my tank got many clown fish . . .fishes are from all bros that i bought 2nd item from or post to give away fishes, they give me as they planning to dispose due to agressive and fish very hardy put in pail few weeks also haven die. . . so all the clown fish i have i think they dam hardy and agressive. but some how they live quite ok now. firstly i put all of them inside i every day can clown fish royal rummble haha quite fun hahaa. but now they pair up liao so still ok didnt see fights ready.

then new fish i put in as long as the are not of same species it seems quite ok.