Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascaping Showcase / Journals

Old 15-03-2011, 08:43 AM   #21
patson77

Default Updates

Day 1

After undergoing filtration overnight, the water is now crystal clear.

the water is now at 28.2 degree with oni the aid of the fan. Some liquid fert was dosed according to the instruction. Marks the first day of photo period. (change to 5 hrs and CO2 at 4bps)
Old 15-03-2011, 10:56 AM   #22
alvloh

Nice.....can't wait for it to mature.....
Old 15-03-2011, 03:28 PM   #23
EvolutionZ
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by patson77 View Post
Point noted. . Jus went to reset my timer from 6 to 11. Yap will be getting assassin snails within this 2 days. Intend to go get some cheap shrimps to help combat possible algae problem oso, any breed to recommend?
try some malayan shrimps, effective against hair algae which will also infest new tank, but please add them only after your tank is cycled.. btw what soil are u using? dont seems to see any branding on the bag..
EvolutionZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2011, 03:29 PM   #24
patson77

Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvloh View Post
Nice.....can't wait for it to mature.....
ya man.... waiting is such a long process. but as the saying goes, good stuff are worth waiting for(jus dnt knw whether it will turns out good for me or nt)
Old 15-03-2011, 03:33 PM   #25
patson77

Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvolutionZ View Post
try some malayan shrimps, effective against hair algae which will also infest new tank, but please add them only after your tank is cycled.. btw what soil are u using? dont seems to see any branding on the bag..
The soil i using are actually a mixture of Gex and Ada Amazon II. the Gex was actually handed down from the previous owner and was part of the package sale. Was quite new and not disintergrated so continue to use.
Bought Ada Power Sand as based fert and oso the ADA II to supplement the amt of soil i required.
Old 15-03-2011, 03:40 PM   #26
EvolutionZ
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by patson77 View Post
The soil i using are actually a mixture of Gex and Ada Amazon II. the Gex was actually handed down from the previous owner and was part of the package sale. Was quite new and not disintergrated so continue to use.
Bought Ada Power Sand as based fert and oso the ADA II to supplement the amt of soil i required.
wah.. use power sand as base fert.. burn big hole in pocket.. i personally dont really believe in the effects in ADA power sand.. so expensive for some pumice rocks.. but their ADA II is really good. too bad budget low if not my 422 would have gone for ADA II.
Old 15-03-2011, 04:06 PM   #27
af2373

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheetf View Post
Bro is it your lens or is the frame bending?
wah bro....yr eyes damn sharp sia~~~ good on u~~

TS, yr tank got talent~~~wahahaha~~
but i somehow still think yr plant mass for a 422 is too little for a start. duckweeds may be a good option if u dun want the hassle of planting other plants. but be warned, they can get quite messy when they multiply
Old 15-03-2011, 04:06 PM   #28
patson77

Default Updates

Day 1 - cont'd

Went to get some ferts and oso assassin snails... oso cant stop and bought another star moss on rock.

Rch home and change the content inside the canister (previously only have filter wool so as to faster clear up the water). Added the bio rings and some pea sized stones said too be able to remove the ammonia content. Dosed the ferts according to instructions. think i will follow a 4 day regime for the ferts

Anyone have any review on the u/m sea chem product (uncle at 328 say its good and a must have)

hand me downs from friends

After dosing the ferts, light are switched off and the whole tank wrapped up. will cont'd to wrap up to prevent any unwanted lights for the nxt 4-6 weeks

Some questions to ask
1. When should i start taking down the measurements for the water parameters?
2. I want to keep mainly CRS in the tank. What kind of perameters will suit them?
Old 16-03-2011, 01:02 AM   #29
papa_angler

I like your tank.simple and nice.
Old 16-03-2011, 01:13 AM   #30
EvolutionZ
Endangered Dragon

Why you want to wrap your tank up? are you not going to on your aquarium light? i don't understand why you need to do it.. and for CRS-tank, dosing of fert is dangerous for them.