Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascapers Equipment, DIY and Hardware

Old 21-04-2005, 03:45 PM   #11
knightx

Quote:
Originally Posted by aCe^bOwleRz
Not too sure which is the cheaper one, blue or yellow.
$140 is for the cheaper JBJ solenoid.

dono if i rem worlngly but i think little fish bought at 120 once in na..
Old 21-04-2005, 04:32 PM   #12
minimee

Confirm. I also asked Chan and he told me $120. But cannot decide whether to buy the blue box one or yellow box one. Some say that yellow box is made in taiwan while the blue is the original JBJ one.
Old 21-04-2005, 05:08 PM   #13
aCe^bOwleRz

Long time never go to LFS and update of JBJ solenoid pricing.
Are both reputable? Blue and Yellow box.

Blue is the original JBJ? Where is it made from?
Old 06-05-2005, 09:29 AM   #14
Nickel01

I asked NA last week. they said all JBJ, the valves are from Taiwan while the soleniod coil is from Germany (or it is the other way around ???).

According to them, there is no totally German made valve/solenoid, unless you are talking about it being shipped out of German.

Just like many so-called US-branded sport shoes/golf equipment. All made in China, Korea, etc and ship back to US to put into box and price much more expensive.

Now I am confused about the talk of yellow box, blue box etc.
Old 08-05-2005, 12:30 AM   #15
brrrrrr

Original German gadgets will cost you an arm and leg

VIncent
Old 29-05-2005, 03:15 AM   #16
letdoit

i also spit my Co2. but using Y tube. about 0.30 cent. can be done without buy solenoid and didn't leak out from Y plaste tube. hmmm,
before i do this DIY test, shop keeper told me cannot be work.
anyway, it work for me. length of tube from bottle to Y tube,3.5ft . from Y tube to first (bubble counter diffusior) 1.5ft, same Y tube to 2nd (bubble counter diffusior) 3ft

surprise that 3 ft bubbles counter show more bubbles then 1.5ft. funny? should be 1.5ft more bubble right?

Last edited by letdoit; 29-05-2005 at 03:21 AM.
Old 02-06-2005, 10:38 AM   #17
shaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by letdoit
i also spit my Co2. but using Y tube. about 0.30 cent. can be done without buy solenoid and didn't leak out from Y plaste tube. hmmm,
before i do this DIY test, shop keeper told me cannot be work.
anyway, it work for me. length of tube from bottle to Y tube,3.5ft . from Y tube to first (bubble counter diffusior) 1.5ft, same Y tube to 2nd (bubble counter diffusior) 3ft

surprise that 3 ft bubbles counter show more bubbles then 1.5ft. funny? should be 1.5ft more bubble right?

Hi, I think the bubbles depends on the water pressure at the diffuser... not on the length of tube.
Old 03-06-2005, 02:37 PM   #18
confusekid

You do not need a solenoid to split CO2. If you want equal flow in both tube, get 2 needle valve and fix them into the tube. From there you can control the amount of CO2 going into each tube. For the needle valve, get those good solid one for industrial use. Will try to post a picture of how they look like when I go back to Singapore.

Jack