Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascapers Equipment, DIY and Hardware

Old 03-03-2005, 05:27 PM   #11
Guppies Onli
Dragon

Thanks for the infos. Now I will check if they perspired hehe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simcb
No need adaptor....its been modified..... 2 square pin head. Just plug and blow
Better cause dont have to worry where to hang the adapter.....come with tank clips and braces...to clip on.

Expensive as compared to diy fans.(Which have to diy it yourself)
Guppies Onli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 05:49 PM   #12
NGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppies Onli
Can this Profantic be plug directly to the ac main or require an adapter?
these are AC fans so no need adaptors. those that need adaptors are the DC fans which u can find in Sim Lim, u will need an adaptor to convert DC to AC.
Old 14-06-2005, 10:58 PM   #13
midori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppies Onli
My question is that if a shrimp tank is without fan and it goes between 28 to 29 deg., will it cause the dealth of shrimps or juz that it's not as active? I've seen some posting by Kuni ( a Japanese in S'pore in another forum) that he mentioned that even for CRS, as long as it's below 30deg., it's fine.

So is that anyone here keeping shrimps without fan and is successful even to breed them? Thanks.

All Japanese CRS website recommend 25C to keep CRS, and they mentioned they have problem with CRS living in summer, and we are all summer all year round. You can keep CRS with a fan, it will not mate well, the hatch rate is low and infant mortality is high. You will end up with very few or no babies. Some more pregnant CRS needs very good water condition, warm water will kill them. CRS goes best with a chiller at 25C.

Why not use a translator to read Japanese website and just depend on hearsay? I wonder he breed CRS at 30C or he also hearsay?

Last edited by midori; 14-06-2005 at 11:18 PM.
Old 15-06-2005, 09:53 PM   #14
angmoh

i just bought one 5" AC fan from Simlim , about $11 , and plus one 2-pin cable ($1.8) , and that's it ... the fan is strong enough to keep the water cool (3ft tank, temp drop from 32 to 27 (during photoperiod) , non-photoperiod can get down to 26.

only problem is the water evaporation rate is high :\ but no choice la .. cant afford a chiller .. hehe .. so bo bian lo

since it's a low-cost investment .. why not install one fan first and see how's the thing goes ?