Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Arowana Fanatics Club Activities

Closed Thread

Old 24-06-2013, 09:41 PM   #21
Humongous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homester View Post
Compulsory to buy if interested in joining in ?
Else what is a grow out ???

Old 25-06-2013, 01:44 AM   #22
bozz575577
Dragon

I think homester is trying to ask if join the event if he cant manage to select an aro of his choice, can dun buy? or is it compulsory to select one.
Old 25-06-2013, 06:27 AM   #23
Humongous

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozz575577 View Post
I think homester is trying to ask if join the event if he cant manage to select an aro of his choice, can dun buy? or is it compulsory to select one.
Wow... i failed to read in between the line.... i only read from what was written...

Old 25-06-2013, 11:01 AM   #24
arocomm
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozz575577 View Post
If is the same as last time round, u only get what you like only. Not a must if u cannot find any.
Old 25-06-2013, 11:38 AM   #25
finclk
Dragon

come come.. must support AF events!
Old 25-06-2013, 01:28 PM   #26
holysinner
Arofanatic

would love to participate in it!
Miss out on the previous grow out event!

looking forward!
Old 26-06-2013, 11:12 AM   #27
Kohaku
Dragon

Count me in if its open to all, not only to AFC members only.

Btw It's not possible that all the aros are the same standard or colour, so hope there is no chosing beforehand(if u know farm very well) for this. Best if can have lot picking(last 4 digit written in each paper) to assign the aro to the owner for the grow out. There is a preview for all the aro selected for the growout. Once assigned the aro, you can choose pay and join the growout Or dun buy and leave the growout event. The aro and the person chosen(nick include) dun get to put back for the lot picking again.

Just an idea for consideration.
Old 26-06-2013, 02:35 PM   #28
jwhtan
Barney

You can refer to the last grow-out event to understand how we run.

For sure, participants can choose. Choosing is also part and parcel of the whole event. So in the participation of this event, it starts from the choosing of arowanas. But not beforehand. This is about skill and to enhance, develop each individual's skill.

Anyway, this is very preliminary. The event is thought of with you guys, hobbyists, in mind. If enough people are in favour and want it, we will do the legwork and prepare for it. Which means we will need to talk to the individual farms to support the event.

Obviously, you cannot use ur own current fish to participate. It has to be purchased from one of the participating farms. It is not compulsory to purchase from every farm or even any farm but then that means u got no fish to participate.
Old 26-06-2013, 05:47 PM   #29
chocolate
Senior Dragon

Bro John, Aside from just participating , maybe can let us know what else can we do to contribute
Old 26-06-2013, 05:51 PM   #30
jwhtan
Barney

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolate View Post
Bro John, Aside from just participating , maybe can let us know what else can we do to contribute
First things first ...... if the response is not there, we will have to accept that this is not what the community wants .......

Now should this event go ahead, then we will need volunteers on the day of benching in etc but before that there is really not a lot that others can help.

Of cos we still need to go to the farms and convince them to specially select their better aros (I wun dare to say the best) for the event which I think will be quite difficult for hobbyists to help unless u best friend forever with the farm
Closed Thread