Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Aquatic Showcase & Photography

Old 09-01-2006, 12:59 PM   #1
Betta Fantasy

Default BF#10: Grey FullRed "Wild Colour" (Line A)

This is grey eye-ed, throw a few albinos and goldens too. Colour wise it may not be as pleasing to some red guppy lovers bcos themales carry shades or black around the peduncle area. I bought these fishes at that time solely bcos of their form again, which I hope to eventually used as a tool to work albino reds. These are the 'da bei qi' aka. big-dorsal strains, and together with their tails are one of the best in form I ve seen for FullRed strains. What I need to do is try to work away those dark patches. This is bred by the Southern Taiwan Guppy Club with one of the largest gene pool for red guppies. I saw the same fishes at ZenTai in Taiwan so I believe this line again orginated from the great breeder. It is said to be one of the many diff strains coming from FR fishes imported from Holland previously used by Taiwanese to breed reds, hence they are called Holland Red in Taiwan.
Old 12-01-2006, 01:28 PM   #2
Xiao Hong
Account Disabled

Got any picture to share? Thank you
Xiao Hong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 02:22 PM   #3
Betta Fantasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiao Hong
Got any picture to share? Thank you
its raining in singapore lah brother, cannot go outdoors to take pictures of my fishes. Their chinese name is "Yeh3 Shen1 Se4 Gao1 Bei4 Her2 Xian4 Quan2 Hong2"...sorry my computer cannottype chinese text.
Old 22-01-2006, 03:55 PM   #4
Radiance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betta Fantasy
its raining in singapore lah brother, cannot go outdoors to take pictures of my fishes. Their chinese name is "Yeh3 Shen1 Se4 Gao1 Bei4 Her2 Xian4 Quan2 Hong2"...sorry my computer cannottype chinese text.

Would be good if you can share with us the pics
Old 22-01-2006, 04:49 PM   #5
Derrick77
Dragon

You still hoping for pics???

I can show you lar. ZT high dorsal full red wild colour.

PS: This is not my pics and not my fish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiance
Would be good if you can share with us the pics

Last edited by Derrick77; 04-02-2007 at 03:47 PM.
Derrick77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2006, 12:31 PM   #6
eric-huang12

I have ever been told that that kind of 'da bei qi' full red is not so stable and it is rare.
Old 27-01-2006, 12:34 PM   #7
Derrick77
Dragon

Eric, if I am not wrong, I did see ZT in the process of development when I was there. It takes a few generations to get the line stable and "common". Hahaha ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric-huang12
I have ever been told that that kind of 'da bei qi' full red is not so stable and it is rare.
Derrick77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2006, 12:56 PM   #8
Betta Fantasy

unfortunately I almost lost all the wildcoloured big dorsal Grey FR, due to an accident. I think the birds shit drop into the tank causing serious infection. Looks like I may have to visit ZT very soon to get the fish back again

anyway my fishes are not direct ZT stock. they came from YS/south taiwan. but I know his stock originally came from ZT also.
Old 27-01-2006, 01:09 PM   #9
moscowblue
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betta Fantasy
unfortunately I almost lost all the wildcoloured big dorsal Grey FR, due to an accident. I think the birds shit drop into the tank causing serious infection. Looks like I may have to visit ZT very soon to get the fish back again

anyway my fishes are not direct ZT stock. they came from YS/south taiwan. but I know his stock originally came from ZT also.
i thought last time you said the bird shit makes them grow larger
moscowblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2006, 01:13 PM   #10
eric-huang12

I did not say Kuo's fishes la ^^

However, please just ask Kuo about how to maintain any kind of full red while you visit his basement next time ^__^