Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Arowana Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 02:02 PM   #21
kian_john
Senior Dragon

Sorry me young bird here but isn`t this Tread more like a FAQ for==>( Sanctioned Activities for arowana related entities) tread rather den a disscussion about barney and PL?.

*FAQ,e.g"Does it include disallowing posting pictures taken at non participating farms?"from LG..

Cheers...
Old 06-08-2009, 02:34 PM   #22
jimmy631

What bro john has done works for errand trouble makers who is out to create trouble in AF, but to execute death sentence to someone who happens to be not that savvy about forum, is like a tyrant judge sentencing a accused to death sentence for petty theft. Too harsh. It just creates too much tension among a forum. I agree that there are many who visit this thread and kept back from saying their words for fear of kena zapped to zero.

It took me 4 years to build up my rep power and pts to 224. And all it took was a wrong posting and it became zero. Not that I care much about the rep system, but this is not the first time it has happened. I even pm one of the mod, and he replied that if the thread was deleted by jwhtan, " then there is nothing he can do to help." Kinda reminds me of LKY system of garment. Hitler management aka tyrant ruler, that's what it is.

I am also a member of other forum, but AF is definitely one of the most non-forgiving forum. One wrong mistake and you could be banned.

Personally, I felt that if a thread was started due to non-conformance to AF rules, then It should be deleted, and a pm sent to the starter to inform him of his wrongdoing. And if he still persists to post such thread, then he deserved to be zapped and banned. For me, I thought the thread was deleted due to technical error or connection error, and so I posted a second thread. And this caused all the misunderstanding and me kena zapped to zero. How many members actually read all the fine prints under forum rules and guidelines? Some truely does, whereas most just follow general forum do's and don'ts. That still doesn't warrant a "death sentence".

I hope to see a new management of AF in future. Maybe a poll to see who should or should not be moderating team. No pun intended.....

Old 06-08-2009, 04:36 PM   #23
jwhtan
Barney

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy631 View Post
It took me 4 years to build up my rep power and pts to 224. And all it took was a wrong posting and it became zero. Not that I care much about the rep system, but this is not the first time it has happened. I even pm one of the mod, and he replied that if the thread was deleted by jwhtan, " then there is nothing he can do to help." Kinda reminds me of LKY system of garment. Hitler management aka tyrant ruler, that's what it is.
Were u banned ? No

Were u zapped to zero from the onset ? No

It wasn't ONE wrong posting. It was 3 threads from you, one from R0bert. I didn't say anything, never penalise you, never zap you, never infract you. I just quietly delete it. When ur thread is deleted each time, u start another one. It is to me, recalcitrant.

I have nothing against any farm, Pang Long or anybody else. It is not about what or who I like or dislike. But all arowana related activities has to be centralised. Should I not put my foot down, when AFC organise visit to Farm A, there will be no stopping Farm B from organising an open house. It'll be chaos. When AFC organise talk on Product A, Product B will organise another talk. What do I do ? Let all hell break loose. I do mine, U do yours ?

U can call me whatever u want. Sticks and stones. I am used to this.

U want a poll. Go start one. Ask " Should jwhtan be evicted from AF ". Go and test ur theory on how many people think like you. I'll be happy to walk away from it all should you be able to substantiate this.

Transparent/Public poll.
Old 06-08-2009, 04:45 PM   #24
jwhtan
Barney

btw I just had a meeting and lunch with Pang Long.

Whatever I do, nothing is personal.
Old 06-08-2009, 05:07 PM   #25
Aroboy II
AFC Member

To be fair to the team of AFC, they put in their hardwork to setup the club, running the club and trying to improve our aro hobby interest. So all aro-related activities should be under AFC's care and dun organise here.
At least respect the AFC team. Give them a pm or a call if got any suggestion, I believe the team will be able to help or at least look into it.
Old 06-08-2009, 05:56 PM   #26
jimmy631

I totally agree when you mentioned that organised have to be sanctioned by AFC. The reason why the second thread reappear was because I thought there was a technical error somehow. If you have quietly deleted it and pm me about the infraction, I would have stopped totally! But my side of the story was as such, believe it or not. Even the mod dun know how to answer to my missing thread queries, and thats why I posted again second time. I very much wanted to pm john, but there was no way of me to reach him via pm or other means. I did it thru atom. Many members pmed me and requested me to post details again.

I do not blatantly post repeated post that have been deleted due to conflict of interest. I have already spoken my case, and I personally felt that john did a great job to delete my thread, but at least inform me my mistake and refrain from posting repeated threads. Dun whip and dun tell why, or tell later to the whole world.

Bro John, if you feel that I have not spoken well enough, you can call me at and we talk over phone. I do not want the entire AF community to think otherwise about me. It was with a goodwill that I ask for people to accompany me to farm to look see at aros, never realised that it would become like this now. But its ok, we still move on with our lives. No harm done each other.

Old 06-08-2009, 06:20 PM   #27
jwhtan
Barney

We are not customer service. We do not pm members to tell them their mistake. You think we should. And I can understand why. But no, we will not do that. And u won't understand why and u won't even try to understand why. Like you, when we start this forum, all we wanted was to chat with our friends and other like-minded people. Today, we dun get to enjoy that anymore. We become customer service. Our job is to make other people happy. Should they not follow the guidelines, we must spoonfeed them. We must tell them. Our time at the forum is no longer for chatting with our frens anymore. Our time is to make strangers happy. We become prostitutes. Customer Service Prostitutes. Every day w/o fail, there will be someone doing exactly what we tell them not. We say " stop whining abt being zapped " and they say " those who zap me, blah blah blah ". So we just delete these posts away. They post " I want to sell my PNT " ..... And so we just delete them away. What ? We must pm you to tell you cannot sell PNT, cannot sell araipaima, stop whining abt rep points ? Sorry, the mods here are not your customer service officer. When ur thread gets deleted, think ..... why did my thread get deleted. Something must be wrong and go read the guidelines to see what has gone wrong. Dun expect to be spoonfed unless u want us to treat like u a baby.
Old 06-08-2009, 06:34 PM   #28
jimmy631

If that's how you want to run your forum, I rest my case. Let my case be a wake up call, cum reminder to other members who are like me. Pls learn from my mistake and read all the guidelines and fine prints before you post anything here.

Old 06-08-2009, 09:13 PM   #29
ARK
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Tan View Post
Bro......

A forum with mods but dun works also luan.....( But AF mods is doing well)

A forum with trouble maker also buay zeng.

If members do not follow the rules and guide line also luan.

If Singapore traffic.....have no traffic light, no predestrian crossing, no overhead bridge......traffic police not doing their jobs.......i wonder how it will look like.
Well said.wether you intentionally ,unintentionary or accidentally beat red light and was caught by the camera.you still have to face the penalty .
Old 07-08-2009, 03:11 PM   #30
lincolngoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy631 View Post
If that's how you want to run your forum, I rest my case. Let my case be a wake up call, cum reminder to other members who are like me. Pls learn from my mistake and read all the guidelines and fine prints before you post anything here.
For me AF as not exactly a public place where all strangers have equal rights and they can behave as they like.

Rather it's a cozy homely place of familiar faces, where friends offer their hospitality and aquatic knowledge.

The practicalities of running a forum relatively peacefully and protected from undesirable elements require certain rules. The reasons of which cannot be understood unless you are in Admin's shoes.

Those who think of being able to be in AF as a privilege, rather than a right, will have a lot less problems fitting in.

Closed Thread