Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Tank set-ups, Filtration & Water Management

Old 17-03-2012, 11:52 PM   #21
John
Arofanatic

If thats your situation i am more for running them separate . Easier to maintain, and u can direct the outlet water flow in 2 different ways for more thorough circulation. I will let one blow the surface while one midway or even all the way to the bottom so there are no dead spots in tank. You should enjoy better flow per hour overall for same volume of filters.

Ive run 2x 2217s in series in the past for some 4fts and later on changed to running them separately and i feel there are more benefits to it.
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2012, 11:25 AM   #22
lyc
Dragon

I think cascaded mode can help to reduce maintenance as only the pre-filter canister need to be maintain regularly. The other units should be "quite" clean.

I use a 2260 and ehiem pro 3 2080. I clean every 6 months or a year for my 5x2x2 tank and the tank is overloaded. I prefer 2260 for the power output.
lyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2012, 12:34 PM   #23
Young Man
Senior Dragon

for TS, i would suggest to run the canisters separate, because as mentioned by some bros, it would be much easier on maintenance and it allows you to still have one running while the other is sent for routine total wash.
if u are worried about the biological canister getting too much dirt, you can connect a smaller pre filter (eheim has classic canister with no motor to act as pre-filter) and with all the installation of double taps, it will be an ease to maintain them

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanng View Post
does eheim 2260 sell without the pump? meaning only the "green dustin tub"
just go QH and put all the needed parts to assemble yourself can liao
Young Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2012, 05:28 PM   #24
alanng
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Man View Post
for TS, i would suggest to run the canisters separate, because as mentioned by some bros, it would be much easier on maintenance and it allows you to still have one running while the other is sent for routine total wash.
if u are worried about the biological canister getting too much dirt, you can connect a smaller pre filter (eheim has classic canister with no motor to act as pre-filter) and with all the installation of double taps, it will be an ease to maintain them

just go QH and put all the needed parts to assemble yourself can liao

ohh. thanks bro. i always thought 2260 eheim 2260 comes in a set with the pump and everything
alanng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2012, 10:04 PM   #25
Young Man
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanng View Post
ohh. thanks bro. i always thought 2260 eheim 2260 comes in a set with the pump and everything
oh that's in the fish shop. cos it will be troublesome for them to store spare bins etc.. takes a lot of space.. u can get shops like petmart or 328 auntie to help u order in.. QH has all the spare parts because they are the distributor.. so for such parts, just go to them.
Young Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2012, 12:34 AM   #26
G2Red
Dragon

Seems like most are in for individual set up....maybe I will get one more 2260 to try series set up on one tank while the other remain and see the results...Thks for all the advices....
G2Red is offline   Reply With Quote